Chapter 2 The Caves

Start from the beginning

 𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅, 

 𝑷𝒊𝒏𝒆

Who is Pine? And why is he leaving notes at MY HOUSE?! She thought angrily. The sun time bells rang, but she didn't move. 

 The scales turned ever redder the longer she thought about it. She sighed, what has she been hiding from me? She paced around the room, thinking. By the time the bells rang again, signaling the end of sun time, she had hatched a plan.

She flew towards Starflower's favorite fruit tree. When she got there, her wings were sore again, but at least there was food that she could eat.

She climbed up the tree and picked a fruit. "Yum, my favorite, mangos," She said to herself. "Anyways, I have some business to attend to," she reminded herself. "I don't want to get distracted."

She remembered how much Starflower loved this tree and always talked about a hole in the side of it. But she could never find it no matter how hard she looked. 

So Cherryblossom climbed up the tree, scanning the bark for any signs of a hole. Suddenly, her claw brushed over a flap. She opened it. 

Inside, there were some scavengers munching on some strawberries. She swatted them aside and kept looking. 

 Eventually, she found a miniature note in the corner of the hollow part of the tree. She picked it up, and crawled down from the tree. She decided to go home, she couldn't risk being seen out there. When she got there, she tore open the note.

Dear Cherryblossom,

If you found this note, then you are probably wondering where I am. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you where I am at the moment. A Hivewing named Stonefly will come to get you soon. Let her take you to me. Unfortunately, this is all I can tell you. Sorry, you will learn soon enough.

With Love,

Starflower

"CURSE THESE NOTES! WHAT IN THREE MOONS IS SHE DOING!?!?" The trees shook. And out of nowhere, a Hivewing flew out of the trees at top speed. "What the..."

"SHUT IT AND COME WITH ME YOU ANNOYING LITTLE BRAT!" Yelled the Hivewing. "YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME TEAR MY EARS OFF."

"YOU SHUT IT YOU BIG OLD BUMBLE BEE!" Cherry yelled back. She was so confused. 

The Hivewing pounced, slashing wildly. 

Cherry jumped back, but banged her head into a tree. She was stunned for a moment but shook it off. Next thing she knew, a sack was thrown over her head. She kicked and screamed threats, but no amount of kicking and screaming could get her out of this mess. Something hit her in the head and the world went dark.

* * *

Cherry woke up in a cave. The walls were covered in cave art of numerous colors. The floor was covered in silver shards, not of glass but of some metal material. Suddenly a silhouette of a dragon appeared in the shadows.

"Hello, Cherry," it whispered, sending chills up her spine. As the dragon stepped into the light she recognized the bright black and yellow scales immediately. She stumbled backward reaching for the wall. Her eyes darted around the room as more dragons came into view.

"B-But you're..." she stammered nervously.

"The dragon that brought you here. Stonefly, pleasure to meet you," she said, oddly calm, completely opposite of Cherry's first impression of her.  

The next few dragons were from different tribes. Rainwings and Icewings. But then Starflower walked in. Her purple scales were tinted green, and her eyes sagging. Her mouth was pressed into a tight line.

"Welcome Cherry," she said. Her voice sounded rough and dry, like she had breathed in sand. It also looked like she hadn't slept in days. She collapsed, falling but Stonefly caught her, dragging her away. She tried to follow but the Rainwing held her back. Cherry's eyes filled with tears at the sight of her.

"Cherry, it's okay she's just tired," mumbled the Rainwing. He too looked dreadfully tired, his eyes half shut, and wings dragging on the floor. What had they been doing?

"We've all had a long day," he continued, "why don't you go to sleep? We'll explain in the morning." As soon as he finished she felt her eyes get heavier. She walked deeper into the darkness until suddenly everything lit up. A network of tunnels lined the halls and the one she was in seemed to stretch on forever.

"First one on your left," he said, slinking away. When she stepped in, tapestries of every place imaginable greeted her. She stepped over to the bed under the rainforest one. A pile of fresh scrolls greeted her when she sat down.

"Are you Cherry? Oh who am I kidding of course your Cherry! Welcome!" said the dragon above her. He was ice-blue and looked curious. He wore black-jeweled necklaces and a black piece of armor. The fighter, she thought at once.

"Sorry, you had to see Starflower like that, like you've probably been told we've had a rough day. First, we found out you ran off. Then, we sent Pine to deliver the notes. On top of that...." he trailed off, leaving Cherry curious and annoyed. The things she knew bounced around her head, keeping her up. The dragon started climbing the walls and beds leaving her to watch.

"By the way my name is Snowstar!" he said, jumping off the wall, and running out. She looked back up at the ceiling, towards the rainforest, her home, then fell asleep.

* * *

The world lit up, and she was back in the rainforest. Starflower stood in front of her, scales dark red, a false smile on her face. Then, she realized she was covered in blood. She tried to run to her side but when she did Mango appeared. He too was drenched in blood and barely moving. "NOOOOO! MANGO!"

As she screamed, she bolted upright realizing it was just a dream.

"Umm, Cherry? Who's this Mango character? And why haven't I heard of him?" Starflower asked. She was standing in the doorframe, creepily staring at Cherry while she'd been sleeping.

"Uhh. I dreamed I was losing a mango. It's my favorite fruit, you know. Especially deep-fried mangos. Extra toasty and really burnt," she said.

"Are you okay Cherry?" She asked, looking her up and down. "Either way, since you woke everyone up it's breakfast time. It's your favorite, mangos! Order up!"

"Yay..." she sighed. It was going to be a long day.

"Also, after breakfast we can answer your questions," she concluded, stepping out of the cave.

Finally I can get some answers. Cherry thought.

Yay!! A longish chapter!

I don't know what else to put here sooooooooo

Bye!! :) :D

Update: I didn't realize how poor the quality of my writing is during these chapters so I apologize.