a sinners song

DON'T READ
THE LAST PAGE.
BUT I STAY. WHEN
YOU'RE LOST.
AND I'M SCARED.
AND YOU'RE
TURNING AWAY.

Fortune favors the brave, right? People willing to take the next step, to do not what was asked of them but rather what was needed of them

Fortune favors the brave, right? People willing to take the next step, to do not what was asked of them but rather what was needed of them. The future changes the past, that much is a fact. When we move on, when time continues to move forward, we inevitably learn something that unlocks a mystery of our past. As you grow, as you look back at the things you once did, the things that you should have done. Brave people don't always have the luxury of letting the future change their perspective of the past. Brave people often find themselves with no chance of a future at all. Which begs the question, does fortune really favor the brave? Or does death favor the brave more? Ordinary people go on about their day, never thinking about how they could stop criminals and be the hero, and get to return home to their families. Yet, the people who make it possible for their streets to be clean, are always running the possibility of leaving their friends and family with grief. Leaving their families with a mess to clean up — which, when you think about it, was the last thing they were trying to give anyone.

Augustine Finley (but for gods sake do not call her Augustine, she will flip out on you) didn't believe much in superheroes. Perhaps it was the fact that she grew up watching her mother put on a suit and worried every night about whether or not she would come home. Only to watch her leave the doors the next morning to face the walls of Gotham General Hospital, which in itself wasn't much safer than her nighttime activities. Augustine Finley hated the moment that she started to display her powers as well — she damned the cursed genetics of the Finley bloodline that allowed for the women to have such abilities. Maybe that's why the Finley family had only male offspring for a century (maybe fortune favored the Finley family until the birth of her mother). Augustine Finley despised the feeling of the powers that coursed through her veins. To make matters worse, she couldn't even look at her favorite color the same anymore. Because every time purple came into her view point she thought of her powers; how they shifted her eyes and hair to become a bright purple, how the purple could float across objects and things she wanted.