Ep 5 | part 2

FADE IN:

INT. CONTROL ROOM – SE YOUNG'S JET – NIGHT

Chan scratches the bridge of his nose, leaning against the wall next to Se Young. His arms cross as he looks at Y/n, JK, Han and Mi Do stare at Racquel dazed. A heavy sigh from Y/n.

HAN: So— You're saying, Earth requested aliens to come conquer Earth?

Racquel leans back in her chair and rests her legs on top of the desk in front of her.

RACQUEL: Well, it's more complicated than that.

MI DO: It always is. Shoot.

RACQUEL: Obviously, Earth did not just willingly sell themselves but they did invite the conquerors.

JK: But why?

RACQUEL: That's for you to find out. It's your problem now.

She looks at Se Young and Chan, glaring at her. She clears her throat getting defensive.

RACQUEL: Look, I'd love to tell you more but this is all the information I could get without getting killed. It's really up to you to figure it out now.

CHAN: Thanks Racquel.

He walks to the computer screen and disconnects the call. Y/n looks at Se Young.

Y/N: Can we really trust what she said?

SE YOUNG: With how much she got paid, she can't afford to lie.

JK, Mi Do, Han and Y/n can't wrap their head around the new information.

SE YOUNG: Rest up guys. We have a long day tomorrow.

Chan leaves as Se Young sighs.

CUT TO:

EXT. FOREST – NIGHT

Se Young crushes a branch under her shoe as she adjusts her earpiece.

SE YOUNG: Thanks Rem. Yeah see you.

She pulls out the earpiece and turns hearing footsteps. Y/n walks over with her arms tightly crossed across her chest.

SE YOUNG: Y/n.

Y/N: Hey.

She reaches Se Young and stands still because she can't seem to frame the right sentence.

SE YOUNG: Are you sure you want to talk about it?

Y/n nods.

SE YOUNG: Chan told you it was true.

Y/n's squeezes her eyes shut.

SE YOUNG: I'm sorry. I want to explain but I- I

Y/N: Can't. I know, not now, anyways.

Se Young's eyes tear up.

Y/N: How can I help with the-

SE YOUNG: You are helping, a lot! And about that... we're taking care of it. We really are.

Y/n bites her lip.

CUT TO:

INT. CONTROL ROOM – SE YOUNG'S JET - NIGHT

JK, idly sits on a chair as Mi Do, and Han watch the screen showing Se Young and Y/n talk outside.

HAN: What are they talking about? They look so serious.