The broken Promise

Start from the beginning

Stel leaves Ezra. To smile at her.

" You deserve it! How can you be late today!"

" I am so soo-"

" Yes. How can you be so late Cupcake?"

Neil says coming from behind. And enveloping Ezra in a hug. Who returns it with a smile on her lips.

" Neil"

" How are you?"

" Good. Where is everyone else? I can't see Ben."

Neil sighs. Pointing towards the water pool. And a chuckle leaves Ezra's lips.

Ben was surrounded by kids. Who were trying to take the candies he was distributing. It was a gane he was trying to teach him, but it seems he was failing miserably.

" Ah fuc*! You little devil's! Leave my shirt ahhh!"

And next they know a tearing sound is heard and Ben's shirt literally opens up from front.

" Aghh leave me! Move back! Stel! Neil! Save me please!"

Everyone couldn't hold in their laughs. They break in fits of laughter. To only have Mrs Reed to enter.

" Oh Lord! Ben! What are you doing?"

" But mom!"

" Kids! Cone here! Let's ear yummy food first. Who is going to reach here first?"

The kids race to the dining table. Finally leaving Ben who takes a deep breath. Adjusting his shirt.

" Ezra!"

Mrs Reed's eyes shine. Seeing Ezra and she rushes forward. Pulling her for a hug.

" My daughter! Aren't you eating properly? You have lost weight."

" Chill mom! I am dieting for the coming shoot."

" Dieting? "

Ezra nods and Mrs Reed . Hugs her again.

"Come. Let's cut the cake."

The party goes on in full swing. And Ezra smiles seeing the kids playing. When suddenly she excuses herself to go to the washroom.

Climbing up the stairs. She crosses his room. And her footsteps suddenly stop.

That urge to go inside. Ardent.

" No Ezra. Continue."

She scolds herself. But her body, it refused her mind. Just one last time... please. Just once?

She hasn't been here in years.

Taking a deep breath. She unlocks the door . To step inside. And her heart drops seeing it.

"This is my room. Not your private property. Don't enter without my permission next time."

She hears his voice and stills.

He is not here Ezra. He is not here.

Looking around, her heart drops as she finds dust everywhere. The furniture of the room covered in a white cloth. The curtains worn out.

What happened here?

It looked no one came here in years. Why?

She takes small fearful steps inside. Looking around , gulping.

Moving her fingers on the bed , the sofa. The memories resurface.

And she closes her eyes.

You shouldn't be here Ezra. Go out. He is not here. He is not coming back.