Reed Estate

My hasty steps stop at the threshold of the kitchen,and I smiled seeing May cooking.

Throwing my bag on a chair,I proceeded slowly from her back, motioning others to remain silent.

She shrieked in surprise when I grabbed her waist

"Oh my heavens! You notorious girl! You would have given me a heart attack!"

I kissed her cheeks while other maids smiled at us.Hugging her more tightly from behind.
I enjoyed her scent and warmth

"Oh come on mamma, aren't you used to my sneaky entrances till now?"

Kissing me back she placed her hand on my head and I closed my eyes.
Her eyes gentle as she asked me

"You had your lunch on time? Neil gave you the tiffin on time or not?"

I nodded, giving her a wide smile. I am saving his ass one last time. Or he knows how mom can be when she is angry.

"Madam it's time!"
One of the maids said and mom looked around in anxiousness.

"Oh good heavens! I am late again! The Reeds are already seated on the table."

Momma screams orders and I shake my head at it, she is really diligent when it comes to work.

I hold her shoulders, making her widened eyes to stare at me.

"Calm down momma... breathe
...I got it...okay?"

She places her hand on her chest, taking deep breaths.
I smile at her and look back at the helpers.

"Okay,now tell me...what all is done and what is left"

....................................................

Mr and Mrs Reed were engaged in a heated discussion with Ben sitting next to them,least concerned by the debate.

His eyes fixed on the game in his hands, sounds of bullets being fired resonating from the device.

"He wishes to leave Rose. Let him,plus he has earned this. We can't be an obstracle in our child's dreams"
Mr Reed was explaining Mrs Reed who looked really worried.

"But Drake he is has no one there. Who will take care of his needs? He is still young!"

"He will be fine on his own Rose. Trust me on this. We are not discussing this any further. The boy is leaving.'

A long sigh leaves Mrs Reeds lips,as she looked at her husband.
I proceeded to place the dishes on the table,when they took notice.

Mrs Reeds sadly smiled at me,the usual excitement in her voice missing.

"Ezra my daughter! Come ! sit with us!"

I merely smile at her asking the maids to set the table.

"No Mrs Reed. You start, I am helping mama today."

I was standing next to Ben ,he paused the game and turned to look at me.

"Do we have my favourite?"

I smiled at him, lifting the cover from the dish placed in front of him.
His eyes widen in happiness and he turned around to look at me with a child's excitement.

"Ezra! You are the best! What would I do without you!"

The game was long forgotten,as he pulled the dish all to himself.
Mrs Reed looked at him with disapproval.

"Let everyone come Ben. Don't start without them."

"Oh come on mom ! This is torture!"

"Where are Neil and Aaron?"