41. The American Dream

Start from the beginning

"I think these guys are good for you" Sebs view wanders off and I follow it. Daniel with his hideous beard, which I just noticed when I walked next to him to the drivers parade, mocks Lando in an American accent while Max and Pierre laughing hard about it. When I stare at him I wonder how I was able to not notice. It's ridiculous and makes me chuckle a little. A weird thing to do and I feel like I shouldn't. I don't want to be happy when Liv isn't here. But I feel like these environment does exactly that, what I feared. I am slowly moving on. "I think so too" a tiny smile overflows my face as I watch them interacting with each other. It's a group of friends that have all different strength but this one guy again catches my eye in particular. After seeing him today, I knew he is the only one able to pick up the pieces and put them back  together. For me it doesn't need to be perfect, but I want it to work. "Take care" Seb winks at me and lays his hand on my shoulders for a second before following Valtteri and Fernando on the truck for the drivers parade. The crowd is so loud for them all cheering them on with so much passion that another piece of my heart melts and reforms to its original place in my heart. It's been the right decision coming here today and challenging myself. The familiar faces, structure and excitement allow my head to think about other stuff and not the death of my sister for a few moments. I follow the interviews on a screen nearby before heading of to lunch. In the tent I am joined by Alex and his gorgeous girlfriend Lilly. She is an absolute sweetheart and it's delightful to chat with them. She didn't knew me before so she doesn't have this protective feeling over me, which is lovely change to be treated like a normal human being. When she does know about Liv she gives her absolute best not to show it to me and I do really appreciate it. After Lilly excused herself for needing to take a phonecall in private, myself and Alex wander around the garage for a while chatting about random stuff. We stop by the motorhome of AlphaTauri, where we are also joined by Pierre himself. I yawn while the boys talking about changes that have been made on the cars. "Are we boring you?" Alex smirks towards me. "No, I am just exhausted." "You should have a nap them", Lando, George and Max stop next to us. The young driver grins softly at me in good attentions. "Maybe" I shrug my shoulder. While the boys start driviting off to a very gaming related chat my mind also wanders off into its own world. My eyes are getting heavier and heavier and just in the moment when I want to rest my head against Landos shoulder something else catches all our attention.
"Anna, the long lost sweetheart." the heads of the whole group turn around to a girl with a long brown ponytail. She smirks at us with her arms crossed in front of her chest and a pleased look on her face when she sees my reaction. "Fucking hell" I gasps out so quietly that only Lando could hear me, since he is the one standing closest to me. The confused and concerned look on my face tells him, that I didn't expected this women to be here at all. With her silver manicured fingers she moves her sunglasses to her nosepit and winks at me. "Did you miss me?" The smile is so fake that I want to wipe it of her. It's as ugly as her personality. She is the last human I could handle today. I just felt more and more alive again and then this witch turns up. There is just not enough strength in my body left to be bothered by her. With my heart being so sore and my mind tired I couldn't even wrap my mind around the reason why my bully could possibly be here. "Certainly not Bella" the name of my classmate comes uneasy over my lips since I feel nothing but disgust for her. We luckily haven't seen each other for months but in the meantime the girl with the longest ponytail in history didn't leave a chance out to influence my reputation in a negative way. Nasty rumors about me were spread across the class and on social media, she was definitely not shy to shoot her shot at me. Whatever she is doing here will not end without her trying to put harm on my name or the ones of my friends. "What are you doing here?" I am already tired of her, when she sights at my question rather then to answer in an honest manner. "Don't worry sweetheart I am not here to fight. Just keeping an eye on you, so you don't embarrass yourself to the world, I bet your sister Liv wouldn't won't this either." "Whoa watch your fucking mouth" Max stepped up next to me, clearly pissed about her comment. I can feel my heart beat fast in my throat as I squeeze my eyes together behind my shades. How dare she even taking my sisters name in her poised mouth. My hand grabs quickly Max arm as he moved quiet quickly in Bellas direction. As much as I appreciate his help, this is personal. "Let me rephrase that. Why are you here?" I thank the lord for all these people around me in this moment. They transfer this calm and collectivness over to me. Especially with Lando by my side I feel my confidence slowly coming back to me. Luckily also Max takes a step back trying to cool off. "I am here to support Mercedes." she grins and to be honest it doesn't surprise me. If she would support a team it would be them. I chuckle "Then do that and leave myself and my friends alone." With that I turn my back to her. "Its not over yet Anna. It's a veeerry long day ahead of you" in her voice swings that mocking tone that could be interpretated as a joke between friends but it tastes bitter. Maybe even a little threatining. "We would very much appreciate you leaving us alone for now" It's George speaking up as I am frozen and unable to react to her threat. He is standing right at the opposite side of the circle and is able to look over my shoulder directly at her. I am surprised that it's at of all them him that is speaking up, especially considering some moments in the past. He is a very nice and correcr human after all. And he is showing it right now. It was very polite what he said but the weight of his words make the difference, so she removes herself from the situation. He is a future Mercedes driver and probably only with his voice she would have fucked off that quickly. "Who was that?" Pierres hands are deep down his pockets as his shades hide his eyes as well. "A classmate of mine. She is just the worst. Hates me for a reason." "I hope she doesn't bother you anymore" Lando smiles soft at me. I see Max's look on his face noticing our behavior around each other but I try to ignore it for the sake of the group. "Oh she won't. She is like the devil. She won't rest."