x. snivellus is a snitching snake

CHAPTER X:
snivellus is a snitching snake

CHAPTER X: snivellus is a snitching snake

( September 1977 )

      "YOU LOT HAVE GONE COMPLETELY LOONY

"YOU LOT HAVE GONE COMPLETELY LOONY. IF WE DON'T END UP HEXED, THEN WE'LL END UP IN DETENTION FOR THE REST OF OUR SCHOOL YEAR."

Four Gryffindors, one Hufflepuff, and one Slytherin all stood before a graffitied dorm. The dorm of Severus Snape to be exact. The Marauders, wide-eyed and ginormous grins, stared at the dorm door, the words SNIVELLUS IS A SNITCHING SNAKE were unevenly written in spray ink. Mayleen was looking weary at the dorm while Marceline was barely amused.

"Something the matter, Mars?" Sirius queried with his boyish smirk.

"Nothings the matter, it's just unoriginal and boring." She shrugged crossing her arms, James scoffed and strutted himself over to her.

"Oh Yeah, Soel? What exactly do you suggest to make it anything but boring?"

"Make it more colourful." The boys stared at her like she was a child so she elaborated, "whoever tries to remove the words would slowly turn a random colour of the rainbow." Her bored eyes stared blankly at the group of boys that had seemed to be pleased with her idea.

Sirius snapped his fingers and gasped, "Yes, and the more they try removing the words, the faster and farther the colour would spread!" Marceline nodded approvingly, "Mars of the Stars, you're a genius," he added.

"You're just now figuring this out?"

"DO YOU REALLY THINK WE CAN PULL THIS OFF?" Peter asked as the group peeled themselves away from the scene of the crime and into the Great Hall.

"No, not at all," Remus truthfully admitted, the event had each of their names written all over it. Not literally, of course, Remus had to convince Sirius not to do so. "How furious d'you think he'll be?" Peter blew air out of his mouth quickly with bulged eyes for a moment thinking upon the question.

"Perhaps he'll introduce us to a new shade of red on his face while we try to see the morning, Peter said. Remus pursed his lips and nodded agreeing.

Marceline, Sirius, Mayleen, and James all sat together in the Great Hall at the Gryffindor table as Peter and Remus walked into the area. Marcy and Sirius were enjoying a game of Exploding Snap between themselves while Mayleen and James shared their opinions on different topics they found interesting.

Just as Marceline was celebrating another win against the Black heir, a loud yelp was heard from outside of the Great Hall. All the teens shared a weary look at each other all being aware of where the shrill noise had come from. "Is it too late to hide?" Peter questioned quickly while staring wide-eyed and hunched towards the grand doors. Remus put a hand on his shoulder shaking his head at the boy who seemed to deflate at the silent answer.

In stormed a very furious and very pink Severus Snape who had his gaze directly on the group of six. His pout carried all the way to the table of boys and girls who seemed to be struggling extremely hard to keep their laughs contained and eyes off of the boy who was almost as pink as a pigmy puff.

Reaching their table in no time he slammed his hand down on the table startling Mayleen in the process. Sirius and James glanced up at him innocently but anyone from a mile away could see the smugness they held in their eyes.

"I know you lot did this, snivellus snape is a snitching snake, very original and hilarious," the boy seethed at them all, including the girls.

"I haven't a clue what you're on about, Snivellus." Sirius shrugged. "Prongs, do you have an idea what he's talking about?" James shrugged as a chuckle escape his throat but he attempted to poorly cover it up as a cough.

"I am pink!" Snape shouted at them all.

"Yes, we can see that Severus, I don't suppose any of us might be colorblind?" Marceline snarked taking a look at her group who all shook their heads no. He then glared at her smirking face.

"Blood-traitor," he spoke through gritted teeth. Marceline tilted her head at the insult, her smile immediately dropping as Mayleen shrunk in her seat as he was referring to her.

Standing up, she leaned her body weight on her hands that had been slammed onto the table. "Severus Snape, you are a half-blood." She pointed a finger into his chest. "If I recall, you've referred to yourself as the half-blood prince once before?" The Marauders all shared a look that held a tinge of fear.

"Learn that you are no better than anyone here. You aren't special for thinking non-purebloods are less than you. In fact, you're pathetic if you think that. So, I suggest you learn some new insults that add you in with the group you're insulting." She finished glaring directly at the boy whose mouth had been agape during her teardown. Sirius stared at the girl with an arched eyebrow at how she had put her own housemate in his place. He couldn't tell if he was attracted to this or just in shock.

Severus huffed like a child and stormed away from them muttering things under his breath, sure to be snitching to one of the professors for the prank and Marceline's harsh words further proving the snitching snake title.

"Marceline if you do something like that again I may just fall in love," Sirius laughed loudly with his joke. She only rolled her eyes at his words and sat back down in her seat beside Mayleen.

"How long do you think we have until we get detention?" Peter slouched in his seat.

"I say tomorrow." Marceline shrugged.

"I give it a few hours." Sirius squinted his eyes at the Soel girl as if challenging her.

She willingly took the bait, "wanna bet on that Black?"

"Mars, of course I do."

"Whoever's wrong has to do dare four first." She smirked. He thought about which dare that had been for a moment while she rolled her eyes, "say yes to everything for a week, Sirius." He nodded his head registering the dare in his mind and put his hand out for her to shake.

"Deal."