ix. quick kiss into trouble

CHAPTER II:
quick kiss into trouble

CHAPTER II: quick kiss into trouble

( September 1977 )

      "THIS IS A BAD IDEA, BLACK," MARCELINE COMMENTED AS SHE WATCHED SIRIUS RUMMAGE THROUGH HIS TRUNK

"THIS IS A BAD IDEA, BLACK," MARCELINE COMMENTED AS SHE WATCHED SIRIUS RUMMAGE THROUGH HIS TRUNK. They were in his dorm in Gryffindor tower, skipping the rest of class, Marcy sat with her legs crisscrossed on his bed while Sirius muttered under his breath while moving things around in his trunk.

Upon arriving in his dorm, Marcy bugged the boy about getting dry clothes so she wouldn't freeze in the castle and changed behind a folding screen she conjured. So now, Marceline was in a new dry change of Sirius' clothes while her former clothes were thrown beside his bed.

"I'm not going to let you talk me out of it." He finally sat up straight with three cans in his hands and a determined smile.

Marcy put her hands behind herself and leaned back, "Oh no, I never said I would talk you out of it, I just said it was a bad idea."

He looked at her with a crooked grin at her response, "Mars, you're slowly becoming a favorite, and I need you." Her eyes widened for a moment before she caught herself and gave him a small smirk.

"Oh, really?" she teased. He rolled his eyes and guided her by the wrist off his bed.

"I need you so I can get into the Slytherin dormitories." A part of her deflated at the request but she nonetheless nodded in compliance. "Fine." The boy beamed at her grabbing her face and kissing her cheek. Her eyes widened and a wave of heat washed over her making her ears and face redden.

She quickly walked ahead of him to avoid him seeing her face while he packed the muggle items called spray cans into a crossover bag. "You should keep that in your dorm in case I come over again," She muttered referring to her clothes as he closed the door behind them.

He raised an eyebrow at her, "do you plan on coming over again?" She scoffed but walked ahead of him to avoid him seeing her pinkish face. "No need to be ashamed, Mars, I'm quite flattered." He smirked at her figure a few steps ahead of him going down the spiralling stairs. In all truth, he didn't mind these moments where they had no one else around, it was a chance to get normal conversations with her without anyone making comments about their feverish tension.

"I'll be sure to make my visits scarce." She looked at him over her shoulder as they reached the bottom of the steps. "I don't think it's healthy for me to be around such a blinding shade of red." He shook his head at her comment and walked out of the painting entrance right behind her. Students were now in the hallway as class had probably just finished, Sirius picked up his pace and sped past Marceline on the moving staircase.

"Black? Where are you going?" She stepped down quickly down the stairs after the boy nearly tripping down a few.

"To find Prongs!" he shouted almost falling off the stairs, a beat of fear hit her when he almost did but thankfully he caught himself. She rolled her eyes at their weird nicknames for each other.

"Of course you are."