i. the ditzy duo and the marauders

CHAPTER I:
the ditzy duo and the marauders

CHAPTER I: the ditzy duo and the marauders

( September 1977 )

      IT WAS A STRUGGLE TO FIND AN EMPTY COMPARTMENT WHILE THE TRAIN CHUGGED ALONG THE TRACKS

IT WAS A STRUGGLE TO FIND AN EMPTY COMPARTMENT WHILE THE TRAIN CHUGGED ALONG THE TRACKS. At the end of a five-minute search, it was a very long five minutes for Marceline in her three-inch platforms, and with the idea to take up a Ravenclaw compartment just to see their fuming expressions for a laugh, she and her best friend, Mayleen, found themselves crashing the carriage with the self-acclaimed Marauders.

      They were a quartet of Gryffindors who claimed themselves to be the best of the best pranksters to ever walk the halls of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Sirius Black was sat in the middle, Peter Pettigrew on his right with one knee to his chest and Remus Lupin sat to his left smooshing himself against the window leading to the view of the shimmering waters.

      "Ah, the Marauders!" Marcy waved her arms theatrically while she perched herself down on a seat and crossed one leg over her knee. The boys, minus their ringleader, James Potter, all stared at the duo with contrasting dumbfounded faces to the girls' cheshire grins. Sirius Black didn't do so, the girls quite intrigued him in a way he couldn't put into words.

      Sirius was the first to speak after Marceline spoke, "Ah, the Ditzy Duo!" he put his hands up just as Marcy did before, only a sarcastic teasing grin decorating his sculpted features. The boys beside him bit their tongues to hold in their laughs while the girls in front of him scowled at the nickname that had followed them their entire life of education at Hogwarts.

      With an intake of air, they spoke in unintentional synchronization, "don't call us that!" The boys looked between the girls with incredulous looks while they briefly glanced at each other.

      "They're like a pair of siamese twins." Peter Pettigrew was the one to speak up this time while his voice was laced with concern for his safety. Mayleen leaned back in her seat with a huff and crossed her arms and legs over one another, Marceline, on the other hand, advanced in her seat creating a tense feeling in the boys' chest that made him scoot back in his seat.