10.

Zia

Zia

When we walked into the party, the stench of weed and liquor filled my nostrils. It was packed as hell, but it was lit!

"This joint lit'," Harlee exclaimed.

"Girl yes. Come on, imma see if I can find Derek," I grabbed her hand and maneuvered our way through the crowd of people. I finally spotted the star of the night, Derek, by the DJ station in the corner of the basement.

"Wassup D," I said getting his attention.

He turned around and gave me a hug. "Wasgood, Zia. Who your fine ass friend?" he asked licking his lips.

"I'm whoever you want me to be tonight!" she replied stepping in front of me, flirting back with Derek.

"Oh yeah? Come find me in a lil bit," he winked.

She nodded with a seductive smirk.

"Bitch, he fine as shit!" she beamed as we walked away.

I chuckled, "Girl, trust me. You do not want his hoe ass! He's a good fuck and that's it!" I warned.

She smirked, "Well he met his match with me," she flipped her 32 inch long faux locs over her shoulder cockily.

I rolled my eyes and laughed at her arrogance, "Riiiiight, that's what they all say. Now let's go dance!"

We worked our way through the crowd to the middle of the dance floor. The loud music boomed through the speakers and could be heard anywhere in the house. Me and Harlee threw some ass to the New Impressionz that flooded the speakers until we were pulled off in separate directions.

I felt a pair of strong arms grip my waist and I bent over and continued dancing. In this moment, the liquor has won so I'm allowing myself to let go for one night. Chances are I'll never see these people again anyways.

"Damn girl," I heard him groan. I felt his erection poking my ass and I finally turned around to see who I'd been dancing on all this time.

The stranger is definitely handsome, but lacks manners. However, being that it is a party and we are from dc and drunk as fuck, I'll give him a pass. Only cause he's cute though.

"Was good withcu?" he asked, looking me up and down hungrily.

"I'm Zia. And you are?"

"I'm Ravon, but everybody calls me Rah."

I nodded, "Oh, that's cute. I'm Zia but everybody just calls me Zia," I mocked jokingly.

He laughed, "Oh you got jokes, huh? Thanks for the dance baby girl. You looking good as shit tonight too."

I smirked, "Thank you, you're not bad yourself. So you gonna ask for my number or I gotta ask for yours?" I asked boldly.

He smirked, "I wasn't letting your fine ass walk away without my number though," he shot back, looking me right in the eyes.

It might be the liquor, invading my mind but he looking good as hell right now. Too good not to fuck tonight.

Suddenly, the song changed and Lil Wayne's Coco remix blared through the speakers.

"Sorry for the wait 2!" the crowd shouted in unison.

"Watchu know bout Wayne?" Ravon asked with a smirk, looking seemingly impressed.

"Oh baby, I know a lil bit bout everything!" I retorted.

"You tryna step outside real quick?" he asked. "You wanna drink or sumn? Derick got endless bottles in here."

I nodded and he grabbed my hand and led us to the kitchen where the drinks were. We grabbed a bottle of Casamigos and swiftly walked out the kitchen. Tequila and Ravon is exactly the combo I had in mind.

Once we were outside, we found an empty spot in the grass and sat down. I grabbed the bottle from him and took a shot.

"Damn, I ain't know you could take it straight like that," Ravon said in shock.

"Please. What am I? 16?" I scoffed sarcastically.

He laughed and shook his head as he drunk some. The alcohol stung the back of my throat, but I ignored the burning s

I looked over at Ravon who laid back and stared at the stars. There was so much passion in his eyes, but there was also hurt and anger.

"You brought me out here to look up at the stars?" I joked.

"Nah, I just love the stars. I wanna study astrology," he replied with a nonchalant shrug.

"Why don't you?"

"I can't just up and leave my moms right now. Ever since my twin was killed last year, she hasn't been herself."

I frowned, "I'm so sorry to hear that. Im sure nothing would make your mama happier than you being successful."

"Nah, I can't leave her. She's so messed up after what happened to Ravyn and honestly so am I. I feel like these streets owe me something and til I figure out what that is I'm stuck."

I took another swig of tequila as my bad decisions suddenly begin to flood my mind. I know that's selfish considering he's telling me his life story right now.

"You can't spend your life getting revenge though. That'll land one or two places; jail or in the ground. Have some faith in God and apply yourself."

"Ion' believe in God," he shrugged, helping himself to another shot.

"Why not? If that's not too much to ask.."

"I used to. My mama used to make us pray every night up until the night my sister died. After she did, I lost hope in him. Where was he when my sister was catching bullets for her boyfriend? Where was he when I prayed to him asking to save my baby sister and my only sibling's life?" he answered, looking down at the ground.

"Everything happens for a reason. You may not understand why he's doing what he's doing now, but you will somebody. Your sister would want you to move on, to live your life. I don't know her but if she's anything like you, I'm sure that's what she would want," I responded but he waved me off.

"Nah, I'm good wit all that," he said before taking another swig and I grabbed the bottle and took the last shot.

"You gotta lot of wisdom in you, Zia. I like dat," Ravon said looking directly at me.

I smiled, "Thanks, I think."

Like an itch I couldn't scratch, I couldn't fight the obvious attraction between me and Ravon. He's so laid back, but the way he looked at me the first time he saw me earlier had me to ready to take him home.

He leaned in and kissed me softly. He snaked his tongue in my mouth and I returned the gesture. Our tongues danced and I felt the heat rushing to my core. The tequila only amplified what I'm feeling times a thousand.

"I want you," I whispered, pulling away from the kiss

"You deserve the world, Zia and nothing less," he said, making me smile. "When the time is right."

For the rest of the party, we laid back in the grass talking about everything under the sun. For once since I started working for the James' family, I feel cherished.

~~~

Oou, new characters. Zia done found her a man! A real man!

Vote AND comment !!  Thank you guys for all your support, I appreciate you all. Enjoy!