Thirty Two

Arden
•••

I shouldn't have drank it, I shouldn't have had the wine. Because I know I shouldn't be saying what I'm about to say. "Did you think of me all those nights I was gone?"

   "Yes." His voice was low, hoarse.

   "What did you do to escape the thoughts of me?"

   "I went to her." He drops my chin, but doesn't step away.

   "And did it work?" I whisper.

   "Sometimes," He swallows. "When I was looking at her, I didn't think of you."

  "But what about the split second, when you are about to finish?" I give him a slight smirk. "I know what you do. Your head goes back a couple seconds before it's going to happen, your eyes close for that time before they open back up."

   He gulps again, his eyes heated. "In those split seconds, yes I did think of you."

   "And?" I push on.

   "It was the only reason I could finish."

   My heart is pounding, my cheeks were flushed. "Do you love her?" I was nervous of the answer. Even if he said all those things and meant it, he could love her.

   "I love that the other minutes and hours I'm with her you don't cross my mind."

    "You know, if your girlfriend heard any of this she wouldn't be happy."

   "Well, it's a good thing she's not my girlfriend."

    My eyes widen, "You're not like that Will." I take a step back. But then laugh, "I guess you are though. The type of guy to lie and lead on a girl."

    "I might not love her now, but I will love her. And she knows that."

   "You can't force yourself to love her."

   "No but I can learn to."

   An annoyance fills my head. "Is she fine with that? With being your mistress?"

   "She's happy to be with me, whatever title. You might take my name but it will be her I take to bed."

   "Thinking of me."

   "One day, you won't even cross my mind."

   "One day," I smirk, touching the side of his cheek. His body tenses, causing my smirk to grow. I will always have a hold on him, just as he will always have a hold on me. I'm just not ashamed to admit it. "Maybe, maybe not."

   Before he could say anything, Gwen burst through the door. "Look what I got!" She smiles holding up another bottle of whine. She instantly freezes seeing our position. Will is the one to step back. "Oh, am I interrupting something?"

   "No," Will clears his throat. "I had something on my face, she was wiping it off."

   I don't bother to hide my amused smile. Gwen catches on and one lands on her face as well. "Really?" She raises a brow. "And what was on your face?"

   Will rolls his eyes, not bothering to hide his smile. "The word punchable apparently."

   "Ok..." Gwen draws out. She walks in placing the wine on the other side of the room.

   I go to follow her, but Will grabs my arm. He leans in whispering in my ear, "Nothing means we can't be friends again."

   I look up shocked at his words. Friends, that's what he wanted to be?

   "Friends that hate each other?" I asked.

   He smiles softly, "I'm not usually friends with people I hate, but I can make an exception."

   I nod, giving my answer. I'd try to be friends with him, for now. Hating someone all the time is exhausting, I can move on to hating him part time.

   "What are you two whispering about?" Gwen asks taking a sip of her newly poured glass of wine.

   "Nothing." Will says, letting go of my arm. "So I'm guessing you two aren't attending dinner?" We both shake our heads no. He nods, "I'll have dinner sent to you." We say our thanks, and he says his goodbye.

   Once he's out the door, Gwen turns to me. "Nothing my ass. Did he really think you wouldn't tell me the second he leaves?"

   I laugh, and do just that. I fill her in all the little dirty details as well. "And then you said the what are the two of you whispering about thing."

   "Wow."

   "I know."

   "Like wow."

   I groan, "I know. I don't want to marry him." I lay my back onto the bed.

   "He's so confusing."

   I groan again, "I really don't want to marry him. "I can't believe there no way for either of us to get out of it. I understand me, but I would never had thought the king would force it upon his son."

   "He did have a way out."

   "What?" I look at Gwen shocked.

   She repeats herself, "He had a way out. His father gave him the choice not long after he announced that you two would be wed. He told him he could get out of it, you could be executed and he could be free. He had a choice."

   I was shocked, confused. "And he didn't take it?"

   "Not when the only option left you dead."

   This did something to me, I didn't quite know yet. Something changed, but I couldn't pinpoint what.

   There's a knock at the door, I get up to open it. Allison is there, smiling at us. "Prince William, has requested a few things for you two."

   "A few things? I thought he was just sending up..." my words cut short when I see what's behind her. What, and who. Multiple servants are lined up with different trays of desserts, meats, and countless of other things.

"This is for you." Allison smiles sweetly handing me a note addressed to me. She leans in whispering as the people enter to place everything. "Miss, he told me to make sure you and lady Gwen got exactly everything you guys wanted. The best service, he demanded. Quite strange when he hates you." Allison giggles.

"Very strange." I agree, grabbing the note.

Here's to us being hateful friends.
Your punchable prince.

•••

Nothing But Badजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें