Chapter twenty - Confusion

Comincia dall'inizio

I woke up and picked out some casual clothes before heading to the bathroom to take a shower. After my shower I grabbed the box of lucky charms and poured it into a bowl. At first I couldn't find the cabinet with the bowls but eventually, after opening almost every cabinet, I found them. I then poured in the milk, grabbed a spoon, and sat down at the island in the middle of my kitchen.

As I was eating I heard the doorbell ring. I let out an annoyed groan and got up to answer the door. When I opened it I saw Tommy standing there with Tubbo right behind him. He had an annoyed look on his face while Tubbo had an angry one.

"Hello." I spoke in a monotone voice.

"Hi." Tommy said nervously. Tubbo then nudged him in the back and Tommy turned to him, his annoyed look growing.

"Alright! Alright! I'm going!" He said to the boy behind him. He let out an annoyed sigh before speaking quickly.

"I'm sorry for saying that shit yesterday, it was wrong of me and I shouldn't have said it." He turned around before I had the chance to respond. "There. you happy Tubbo?" He questioned the brunette. I then realized what was happening. Tubbo had dragged Tommy out here to make him apologize.

"I know that was all fake, but you could have at least tried to sound convincing." I spoke with a monotone voice again. Tommy spun back around to look at me with a surprised look embedded on his face.

"Did you all the sudden remember how to act like a dick?" He spoke.

"What?!" I exclaimed just before Tubbo smacked him upside the back of his head.

"OW!" Tommy yelled as he rubbed the back of his head.

"What he meant to say was, did you remember anything else about who you were?" Tubbo questioned, while glaring daggers at Tommy.

"No?" I said confused.

"Oh." Tubbo said as he looked back to me.

"Why?"

"You just sounded a lot like your old self for a minute there." He said rubbing the back of his neck. I did? But I was so cold to them. Was I like that all the time?

"Anyways, I just wanted Tommy here to apologize even though that's obviously not his strong suit." He said while glaring back at Tommy again. "But we also came to tell you that Wilbur has asked to meet with us back at the van in l'manburg."

"Oh ok. Just let me finish my breakfast and we can head over." I said before I walked back to the kitchen leaving the door open for them to walk in. They sat on the other chairs at the island and we talked while I ate. I told Tommy that I forgave him even though that was the worst apology ever, but I couldn't stay mad at him for telling me the truth.

After I finished we left for l'manburg. When we arrived Wilbur was waiting for us in the van. The three of us walked in to be met with a very stressed looking Wilbur.

"Will? Are you ok?" I asked as I stood next to him at the table in the middle of the van. I placed a hand on his shoulder and he looked at me.

"Will what's wrong?" Tubbo asked as him and Tommy stood on the other side of the table. He let out a heavy sigh before speaking.

"Quackity. He knows about the election." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked over to the two boys. They had the same look on their faces. Fear. They didn't say anything so I looked back to Wilbur. "He's decided to run against us." I was still confused. I had no idea who the hell this Quackity guy was or why it was so bad that he was running in the election.

"Who's Quackity and why is this so bad?" I questioned the three.

"Quackity is from the DreamSMP and is a fucking American. He can't run l'manburg. He'll just run it like the SMP. He'll allow anyone and everyone." Tommy spoke through gritted teeth, clearly angered by the situation.

"Worst of all he won't keep this a secret. He'll let everyone know about the election and soon it will be known about everywhere. It also means there could be more people to run against us as well." Wilbur explained.

"But you built this country and Tommy is the reason it's independent. They'd be stupid to vote for someone who did nothing for this country." I said reassuringly.

"This is true, but Quackity plays dirty. He believes I shouldn't be running this country and that we should allow everyone. And he'll do anything to get what he wants." Wilbur explained further.

"What do you mean by 'We should allow everyone'? Who don't we allow?" I questioned. Wilbur sighed.

"We only allow people from Britain. That's why it's called l'manburg." He said putting emphasis on the 'l' in l'manburg. "We actually turned Quackity away when he asked to join."

"Why?!" I said raising my voice a bit.

"Looking back on it I realize that was a bad decision, but we can't do anything about that now. We need to focus on campaigning for the election."

"Then why am I here? I already told you I thought this was a bad idea." I said in the same monotone voice from earlier that morning. Wilbur was a bit taken back in my sudden change of voice but he brushed it off.

"I know you were pretty good at drawing before and I was wondering if you wanted to draw some posters for us. That's all you have to do. You don't have to be involved with any actual political stuff." He said. I didn't know I could draw. I hadn't had time to figure it out yet.

"I guess I could try, but I don't remember that." I spoke, my voice still monotone.

"Don't worry I'm sure you'll do great! You were such a good drawer!" Tubbo said cheerfully. I gave him a small smile before walking out of the van. I decided I would go home and see if I had any supplies for a project like this.

......................................................................

1768 words

I know this chapters a little boring but it's mostly setting up for the election and the angst between Dream and Ophelia.

Anyways despite that I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Have a good day/night! Bye!

Author out o7