Spice (ChongTao)

Short one because I had to get the idea out of my head before I go insane.

____________

"Suspicious." He thought. (Also amogus refrenc)

It was very very sudden. He was just going about with his day, when she offered him a meal over at Wanmin Restaurant. He knew that she had an ulterior motive, it was so obvious. But he wanted to find out what it is, and accepted her offer.

"Great! Let's go!"

The trip to Wanmin's was an interesting one. He could faintly hear her whispering something, but he couldn't understand what she was saying. Every once in a while, he could also see her sneaking cursory glances towards him.

After a while, they made it to Wanmin Restaurant, and took a seat.

"Hello Chongyun! Hello Hu Tao!" Xiangling walked over to the couple.

"Hello Xiangling!"

"So, what can I get you?"

"I'll have a Vegetarian Abalone!"

"I'll have a Noodles with Mountain Delicacies."

"Coming right up!"

They took a seat and waited for their meals. He could notice her sneaking more glances to him, but just decided to ignore it. So far, he still couldn't figure out what exactly she wants with him.

After waiting for a little while, the meals arrived.

"Here you go! One Vegetarian Abalone and one Noodles with Mountain Delicacies!"

"Thank you Xiangling."

They ate in silence, but suddenly, a voice called out to Chongyun.

"Ah, Auntie Shenhe. How can I help you?"

She asked him to follow her, so he told Hu Tao that he had to go for a little bit.

"Alright then, be careful!"

"Good, he's gone..."

*Honestly couldn't come up with a scenario where Shenhe could matter, so timeskip.*

"I'm back."

"Welcome back!"

He sat back on the table, and continued eating. But as he was about to start eating again, he noticed her eyeing her face intensely. He decided to ask her what's wrong.

"Is something on my face?"

"H-huh, no, why do you ask?!

"You've just been staring at me. I just thought there was something on my face."

She went silent. And it was as plain as day that she was hiding something. He decided to pry further.

"You're hiding something, aren't you?"

"N-no! Of course not!"

"Oh really? Then why are you getting so defensive?"

"U-um..."

She was fidgeting a lot, but out of the corner of his eye, he could see her holding something in her hand. It looked like some kind of bottle. Noticing that he was looking at it, she quickly hid the bottle on her back. He then suddenly noticed the odd redness of his noodles. It didn't take long for him to piece together what she did.

"Hey Tao?"

"Y-yes?"

"Could you taste my noodles real quick?"

Hearing this, she began to sweat unnaturally.

"W-why?!"

"I mean, i just want to make sure of something. It's not like you added something to my noodles, right?"

"No, of course not!"

"Then it shouldn't be a problem, right?"

"Urk..."

She slowly began to pick up the chopsticks, and picked up a little bit of the noodles from his plate. She closed her eyes, and ate them. The moment the noodles went into her mouth, her face became red, and she began to sweat uncontrollably. She stuck her tongue out and jumped up and down, trying to control the pain on her tongue. Chongyun, taking pity on her, decided to help her.

He slowly approached her, and circled his arms around her. He then used his vision to make the temperature around them a little colder. This made her calm down slightly, and she hugged him back.

"Is that better?" Hu Tao nodded.

"Promise to never lace my food with spicy sauce ever again?" She nodded, again.

"Good. Do you want me to let go?" She shook her head, and tightened her grip on him.

"Alright then. Just a little more."