A Brand New Day

Summary:

She's on the other side of the mountain. She's away from the Encanto. Mirabel is free now.

Notes:

Good early morning to you all! It is currently almost 2 AM where I am right now. I had a coffee way too late and now I am off the walls.

So, a few things. It's been a week! A lot has happened in a week. With me and you. How are you? I wanna know! Tell me. Probably hungry for this update, right! Don't worry my loves I won't keep you too long!

Once again, you guys and the Encanto fandom AMAZE me. So many reads and comments and you guys are all so sweet! And not only that, you feel the pain I felt seeing Mirabel being treated as she was in the movie! And not to mention over 400 subscriptions to the story! That is more than any other story I've written! Holy moly!

Also, just so you guys know, I'm not always on my computer 24/7 (I fucking wish). I update when I can. It's not possible for me to crank out updates with my life right now. I know you guys are excited, but don't rush me or be disrespectful. It's not that big a deal and it really doesn't make me want to post. Okay? I hope we understand. We're all adults here so let's be adults.

Also! Please let me know if you see any grammar errors! I look around during editing as best I can but sometimes some things can slip. In English and Spanish, please let me know if I messed up! I'd appreciate it!

Thank you guys so so much for your kind words and comments. I promise to deliver the story you all want to read. I hope you're ready for chapter 3! Enjoy! 🤍

Chapter Text

The young boy was pretty much all over Mirabel like a rabbit that was given sugar. His eyes sparkled, even under the torch-lit night, looking at this newcomer. Mirabel chuckled. He was very sweet but very talkative. "Where'd you come from? You're very pretty! This dress is amazing! Hey, where'd you come from?"

"Ah come on mijo. You're gonna talk her ear off." the older man called, pulling the cart towards the back of a small cottage. "He's a very hyper boy."

"I don't mind. I once knew a kid that drank Colombian coffee." she joked, thinking about how his mother tried to hide the coffee from him to no avail.

"A boy who drank coffee?" the boy said, his eyes turned into bright suns for a moment. Mirabel chuckled at him as she was helped down.

"Yes. It's a very wonderful bedtime story." she said. "Maybe I'll tell you about him and how he ran all around the world in three days."

If he wasn't hyper then, he sure was now. "Papa! Papa, I like her!" he jumped as they approached the front door.

The man chuckled. "You have a way with kids huh. It's a good skill for a young lady like yourself to have." he said with a grin. "Here, come in, come in, come in."

He pushed the door open, welcoming Mirabel to a very comfortable living room. It wasn't as big as Casita's, but then again Casita had three small living rooms and a massive open entrance hall for both her family and her abundance of guests. The walls were painted a beautiful burnt orange with a few different decorations all over. Her home was usually adorned with pictures of her siblings and cousins in front of their doors. There was lines of beautiful beads hanging against the wall as well as a few flowers. One here and there. It was unlike Casita in so many ways.

And she loved it.

"Mi amor. We're back." the older man called, setting his jumpy son down. "Go and get into your night clothes before bed, okay?"