CHAPTER 19

Before I could even refute, the lord freely judged and waved his hands roughly.

“It’s fine. I’ll understand because I have a broad mind, let’s move on.”

“…”

He seemed to want to treat me as Heron’s lover somehow. But seriously? While thoughts were twirling in my mind, I kept my poker face very well on the outside.

Then, the lord, who thought I was listening to him, lowered his voice.

“The truth is… I’m very interested in you.”

Oh, I see. More stalkers.

“What do you usually think about and what are you interested in? And, what are you going to do? I’m very curious.”

Oh, that’s some very deep feeling of love you have there. I wish you happiness.

“Other than that, I need some information. I think you can help me out…”

He blurted out the last sentence and tried to give a lewd smile. So he wanted to plant me as a spy for the warrior. Well, there’s no one else here that can do a better job at that than me.

“How is it? If you accept it, I’ll take care of you.”

He then stretched out his chubby fingers. The smile he then made got me curious. I wonder how much they can give me, 300 gold, or 3000 gold?

“30 gold.”

“Eck.”

A new sound unknowingly popped out. Isn’t he being too selfish? Here, a typical maid’s monthly salary was about 5-10 gold.

What he offered was a three-month salary to a maid whose life could be threatened. The lord then cleared his throat and added with a cold expression.

“Well, I’m not asking for you to decide right now, so think about it. When you make up your mind… come and see me again.”

He smiled disgustingly sweetly as if he were sure I would come back here again. As if to respond to him, I nodded with a smile.

“… Yes, I will.”

Obviously, I’ll be coming back to this place once more.

***

“I’ll probably be away for a longer time today.”

Haron accepted the outfit I handed to him to wear while talking.

“I don’t think I’ll even come back today. I have to go to the territorial boundary.”

“I heard. It’s something important coming and you need to go to the border.”

I gently fixed his crooked outfit. He was still awkward around me even from a slight touch, but he never backs away.

“You can go home early today since I’m not here… and don’t go anywhere else, just in case.”

“Yes, I understand.”

I laughed brightly as I fixed the hem of his coat for the last time.

“Come back.”

As soon as I said those words, he stopped moving for a moment. As he was arranging his sword around his waist, he turned his head and stared at me.

I also looked at him and tilted my head because I could feel the time ticking by.

“What’s wrong with you all of the sudden?”

“Just, you know… I feel overwhelmed.”

“Is the tie too tight? Do I need to make it looser?”

I started reaching for the hem of his collar, but he shook his head while grabbing my hand. He then slowly kissed my fingertips briefly.