The Altar

𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙖𝙧

IT WAS THE NIGHT of the wedding. In just a few short hours, I would marry the man who couldn't be further from the love of my life.

I could see my wedding dress laying elegantly on my bed, the dress that had been perfectly fitted for me. The one that hugs me in all the right places, and makes my skin glow beautifully. A woman is supposed to love the dress she gets married in. I could love it if I really tried. But, I do not wish to try. I wish to get this entire thing over with and live my life in pain.

I sat at my vanity, staring at my reflection, when my father walked in. No guards stood behind him.

"Y/n, there you are," he said, as if he didn't just waltz into my room.

"Hello, father," I greeted, placing my golden necklace around my neck.

"You look beautiful, darling," he smiled. I returned it. "I've dreamed of this moment my whole life, you know.

"You're whole life?" I scoffed. "I find that very hard to believe,"

"Well, since the moment you were born which might as well be my whole life." He said. "It's hard to believe that you were ever a little girl. You were always so independent, so smart." He grinned.

"Thank you, father." I placed the gold bracelet on my wrist. "I take after you,"

"We both know that's not true, Y/n." He laughed. "You're exactly like your mother. I kick myself every day that you never really got to know her."

"It's alright-"

"No, it's not." He cut me off. "I have a gift for you. It's a compass," he said, handing me a small circular object. "It was your mothers. It was the only thing she had with her before her kingdom was destroyed, it helped her find her way here. Maybe now it can help you."

I held the tears as I examined the compass closely. I didn't even have a picture of my mother. "Thank you, father. I'll carry it with me tonight, ok?"

With a sad smile, my father left my room.

Timothèe's Chambers...

Timothèe was a small man, so naturally, he had to get his suit fitted to fit him perfectly. His suit was simple, it was all black to compliment his fair skin, and a small neck scarf tied at the collar. As the King of Averly was visiting his daughter, the King of Anais was paying a small visit to his son.