You both took out your Rail Passes and were able to board the next train. The trip was pretty quick, seeing as the next stop was the stop you were going for. You were able to finish up your water bottle on the train while you made idle talk with Ine.

Soon enough the train stopped.

"We are now arriving at the Miyagi Centre Train Station." The intercom sounded. You and Ine both got up from your seats on the train. Since you had finished up your water, you threw it away on the way out of the station. The two of you were now walking outside of the station. You don't usually stop at this station, as you prefer smaller trains and buses with less people using them.

"Okay, so it looks like the shrine should be around this block. We don't have to walk very far. I'll lead the way!" Ine said with confidence. You didn't know where you were, so you just followed her lead. I swear, if this is how we die. But it's ok she has good instincts...You had some form of doubt, but it went away.

"If you don't necessarily need to wish for good grades, what are you wishing for?" You asked, still curious as to why she needed to take you to the shrine today. "You'll have to wait and see." Ine said with a sly grin.

Well that's awfully reassuring. You thought sarcastically. Is she plotting something?

Ine led you across the street. The shrine was partially in sight, yet still a ways away. "We haven't gone out together in forever, so I decided I would sneak you into it. And by that, I mean tell your parents about it and have them convince you. I wanted to take you to the shrine, not for the shrine itself, but to get you out of the house for once."

"I mean I'm not mad, I think I needed some fresh air anyways. We've been having a lot of tests recently, so I guess going to the shrine will clear my mind and make things at least a bit better, hopefully." The shrine was fully in view now. There were quite a few people already here. Everyone seemed to be enjoying their time.

"Wow you actually got us here. Who would've guessed." You laughed. "Wow, that kinda hurts." Ine said with a fake pout. The two of you were near the fountain that marked the center of the area where people make their wishes and send their blessings. You have been here a few times, yet the majority of the times were when you were younger.

You decided that a game plan was needed for the day, as you feel underprepared otherwise. You were getting a little hungry, so you decided eating out was definitely going to be part of the plan. As you were thinking of food, you heard a little stomach growl. You look at Ine and see her trying to play it off. So she's hungry too, food is definitely a priority here. You keep that in mind and come up with a plan.

"Let's just get our charms and stuff and then go out to eat. I can tell you're hungry too. Wait, did you not eat before going to my house?" You asked. Ine smiled a little guiltily. "You didn't! We'll visit the shrines quickly then. We can also get some snacks while we are here." You started heading up the stone steps to the area where they were selling charms.

"Let's look at the charms first, it shouldn't take too long." You were already climbing up a few steps. You knew other events at the shrine would take longer, so you might have to hurry this up a bit.

Ine quickly followed you, feeling better at the mentioning of snacks. You took note of a food stand near the fountain for later. You and Ine neared the top of the steps. Once you got to the top, you saw the stands where they sold charms.

Ine ran ahead of you towards the charms. She always had a knack for these kinds of things. She wears a charm that says 'Wisdom' on her backpack. She switches it out every couple of years. The last time she switched it was at the beginning of first year as she hoped high school would give her the Wisdom to succeed in life.