Chapter 4

You were awoken by a knocking on the door. As you opened your eyes trying to get out of your drowsy state, Ine was suddenly in your room. Ine had walked into your room in the middle of nowhere and given you a little scare.

"Hey Y/N, since today is the start of the weekend, want to go to the shrine? We have our math exams this upcoming week."

You, still being tired, took a moment to process what she said. Wait, what is Ine doing here? "Ine? Um, sure? Just give me a couple of minutes to change and get ready."

"Okay! By the way Y/N, you don't have much of a choice in going or not. I already convinced your parents and they approved of us going out to have our wishes granted!" Ine teased as she left the room.

Of course she would somehow convince my parents I should go to the shrine at 9 in the morning. You thought as you were forced to get up.

You got ready and brought a cozy jacket with you. It had been getting colder recently, not to the point of bundling up, but to the point of being cold without one. You moved the curtains of your room's windows to see the Sun barely out. You wondered what godly hour Ine decided to wake you up at.

How does Ine get me out of the house this early. The Sun isn't even fully out yet for goodness sake. You somewhat reluctantly left your room to see what everyone else was up to. You still didn't know exactly what you were doing, as you were drowsy when she explained what was up.

You headed into the living area where Ine and your parents are. "You ready Y/N?" Ine asked. "Ready as I'll ever be at 9 in the morning." You said sarcastically. You typically sleep in on the weekends so the fact you are up is a lot right now. The weekends were the time in which you tried to fix your sleep schedule by sleeping more than maybe necessary.

"What exactly are we doing again? I was kind of, you know, asleep when you told me what we were doing today." You sassily remarked. Ine gave a little laugh and explained that you were going to go to the shrine. At least it's somewhere you have been before, whether it was when you were little with your parents, or with Ine, Minuke, or whoever else joined you.

"You got everything Y/N?" Your mother asked. You nodded your head and were about to ask Ine if you should head out when your father gave you some money. "Use this for the shrine and get some food while you're at it." He said with a fatherly smile. "Okay Dad, see you in a bit." You didn't want to just take the money, but if he was going to give you an option for free food, you might as well take it. You also know your dad is stubborn and that he would do anything to hand it to you as he wanted to provide for the family at every opportunity.

Getting up this early was tiring, so you brought some water with you to help you wake up and keep your voice going. "Do you know how to get to the shrine? We've never gone to the shrine from my house before. We usually go straight there after school." You said and took a sip of water.

"Yes, now relax! We've been there before. It'll be good to have some extra luck." Ine said in a relaxed manner. "We do have our math exams coming up soon." She was leading you down the sidewalk from your house, kicking a rock every once in a while.

"I probably need it, but isn't your best subject math? I still don't get how you understand everything, and don't say you don't. I've seen your tests!" You said in a teasing manner. Ine smiled a bit.

"Okay, but a little extra luck never hurts anyone, right? Besides, it's a good excuse to get you out of the house." Ine said in a tone knowing she won this round. And besides, school is a beast on it's own, it's good to have some form of luck.

The two of you arrived at the local train station after walking a while. You need to get on the train that goes to the other side of town. Even though the shrine was nearby, it was remarkably easier to go by train, especially with the chilly weather. The train system in Japan is pretty efficient, which is proven by the amount of people who use it everyday. It's a good way to get to work or wherever their destination may be.