Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

•Megan•

I waited on my front steps for Julia for about 4 minutes now and 4 minutes is too late. It was pretty cold outside and my nose was really red. I looked like Rudolph the red nose raindeer or something.

"Hey Mrs. Paynes daughter!" Some old lady called to me.

I looked up from my phone and seen Ms. Patty waving to me. She smiled and waved back then looked back at my phone waiting for a reply from Julia. She wasn't answering my calls or texts and I wasn't really worried because her house is like a jail and no one can really get in since there are alot of locks and unbreakable windows. I was just, confused and irritated.

After about 5 minutes later I heard a horn honk.

"Finally bitch you took so long!" I shouted as I stood up from the steps and walked to the car.

Once I got a good look of the car it wasn't Julia's. I stopped in my steps and slowly backed up. Once the persons car window opened I got really scared because I thought it was a drive by.

But it wasn't, it was Brent.

"Get in" Brent said.

I hesitantly walked to the car and sat in it. As soon as my butt hit the seat he zoomed off.

"What's wrong?" I asked ignoring the fact that my heart was feeling like a sledgehammer smacking my chest.

"That little drama fucker" he gritted his teeth.

Drama? Is he talking about Nate Dick? I swear if he broke Julias heart after he took her innocence I swear. But I doubt it's that I mean, Nate gave her everything even the pleasure.

"Are you talking about Nate?" I asked.

He stopped the car at a red light and sighed.

"Okay here's the deal, don't say shit to no one. But Nate broke Julia's heart last night and I seen her smacking some old man and screaming, then she spit at a squirrel and hit a tree crying saying 'fuck you Nate!' And I already told that dick if he breaks Julia's heart I'm gonna break him. I stayed with her for the night and now I'm getting you cause she's crying about dinosaurs now and she's sad that she hit the tree." Brent explained.

I already told that Dick boy that if he breaks Julia's heart- I swear. I don't know what I swear about but I just swear. But I'm shocked about the fact that Brent was in a way protecting Julia. I never knew he even knew Julia existed.

"Hey Brent, do you like her?" I asked him.

He threw something out the window just to cover the smirk that was appearing on his face. I smirked with him because it was cute.

"Shut up." His face was really red.

**

Once we arrived at Julia's house Brent and I walked past those big gates and to the front door.

"BUT WHY DO FISH ALWAYS CHEAT ON EACH OTHER! IT'S JUST SAD!" I heard Julia shouting most likely towards her dad.

It broke my heart just to see her like that. I entered the house slowly since for some reason the door wasn't locked. There I seen Julia on the couch and her Dad sitting on the opposite couch watching her cry.

"Hey Mr. Winter" I said lowly.

He looked at me and half smiled. Boy he looked tired.

"Megan can you go tell that tree by the park that I'm sorry" Julia whined.

I looked at Brent who stood by the door looking worried at Julia's mood. I wasn't going to sit here and pity Julia. I was gonna find out what happened then travel to the school and murder Nate.