LAMB

"do you think this was fate?"

laura and alex looked at each other, jaws hanging open, excitement clear in their eyes as the first beats to madonna's "hung up" started vibrating through the speakers.
the ticking making it feel like a countdown, who could get onto the dance floor first.
alex and laura jumped up, their hands clasping together as they pleaded with their partners to join them.

they were at a private after party for one of the multiple journalist honours maggie had been gifted.
alex had of course gone as her date, and laura had taken bradley.
alex had started to hound the chardonnays as soon as they were seated at the venue, and the alcohol was evident in the goofy smile now playing on her lips.

"come on maggie it's a partyyyy, you're supposed to dance!"
the infamous abba sound was growing louder as maggie smirked, shaking her head as she looked into those bright blue eyes.
besides maggie, bradley was also resenting being dragged onto the crowded dance floor;
"laura you have alex to dance with, i'll just enjoy watching" she complained.
"you two are so boring!" laura shouted over the noise, rolling her eyes dramatically.
alex quickly unbuckled her louis vuitton heels, suddenly shrinking by 4 inches as she threw the shoes at her wife's feet and dragged the now even taller, raven haired woman onto the shiny floors.

every little thing that you say or do
i'm hung up
i'm hung up on you

maggie tried to hide how much she was enjoying watching her wife and best friend dancing like crazy teenagers by sipping her glass of tanqueray.
she was having flashbacks to their wedding night when alex had insisted, apart from their first dance, the only music they could play were 80s and 90s hits.
"when do you think we should ask the bartenders to only serve these two water tonight?" bradley leaned over, talking into the older woman's ear.
"i think we should've done that about two hours ago" maggie smirked back.
they both looked back at the dance floor as alex and laura swayed their shoulders and hips, smiles wide as they looked over at their partners.

waiting for your call
baby night and day
i'm fed up
i'm tired of waiting on you

alex and laura both held their arms out to the women at their table, letting them know those lyrics were being aimed at them for not joining them in their manic exercise routine.

bradley and maggie looked over at them fondly as they both realised this was what they married into.
this was why they married their wives.
not just because they're beautiful, intelligent, funny people.
but because in these moments where they do feel comfortable enough to let their guard down and show their true colours, they literally glow.
the happiness they emanate in these moments is contagious to anyone who sees it.
"do you think this was fate?" bradley wondered aloud.
maggie looked at her, not questioningly.
"meeting these two. falling in love with them..." she clarified.
maggies eyes twinkled "someone up there is definitely pissed that their plan to have us all murder each other didn't quite work out the way they'd hoped"
she winked as bradley clinked their glassses together.

you give me a sentence and a TMS ship, and i write a mini story including it :)