Ch. 52

Key's POV

" Ma! Ma Dukes, where you at?" I asked as I walked in her house.

" Living room."

Next thing, I know I see Trigger running towards me. I picked him up cause ian seen him in a few days as I walked towards the living room. My momma was on the couch watching her favorite show Sistas.

" Wassup Ma. You straight?" I asked as I kissed her on the jaw.

" Hey son, and I'm good. And I should be the one asking you that? Whatchu over here so early fa?" She asked as I sat next to her.

" I'm straight ma. I just wanted to come see you."

" Mhm, where my grandson and my daughter at, and how she doing anyways?" My momma asked as she squinted her eyes at me.

" They at home. I gotta stop by over there once I leave here, so I can go pick him up. Cali making some progress, but she still got a long ways to go."

" I be waiting to go visit her, but I don't wanna cause her to feel overwhelmed or get any anxiety from me being there. So, I be checking up on her through you and Erica."

" She had physical therapy today, and she started her therapy sessions last week. At first, she wouldn't even speak to the lady. Until I made her pinky promise me that she would actually try. So, I just hope it help her out. Cause she need it fa real." I sighed.

" You sound stressed out. You wanna talk about it?" My momma asked as she looked at me concerned.

" Nah, I just got a lot going on right now, and a lot on my plate. But it ain't nun I can't handle. I'm good."

" Boy, you my son. I know you wanna talk to me bout it cause it's all over yo face. So, say it." She said looking at me with a straight face.

My momma my best friend. I could always come to ha about all of my problems. So it's no surprise me she can see right through the bullshit front I'm putting on.

" What's wrong?" She asked again.

" Tiara broke up with me."

" Did she say why?"

" She felt like I wasn't making ha a priority." I said as I put Trigger back down on the floor.

" Do you think you weren't making her a priority?"

" Not as much as I should've, but how could I when I got so much stuff going on? Ian been making music. I had to take care of AK, and make sure he was good. I've been helping Cali, and making sure she don't back track with da progress she done already made. Even though, y'all didn't really try to get to know Tiara. She really is a great gal, and she really do care about me. It's messed up cause I really do genuinely like ha, but I also understand as to why she broke up with me. Cause I wasn't putting her first."

" I never once said she wasn't a great girl, but I definitely could've put in more of an effort into getting to know her. So I apologize on my behalf for that. But you shouldn't be so hard on ya self. You have to be there for your son and his mother. It's not like you're doing it without a reason behind it. They need you right now until Cali get back on her feet. But the question is when Cali gets back to herself, will you always put her before Tiara?" She asked looking me dead in my eyes.

I guess I took longer to answer the question than I had intended causing my momma to shake her head.

" Tiara made the right choice then. You should leave her alone, and just let it be. She doesn't deserve to be somebody's second choice. Cause you still in love with Caliana." My momma said.