Prologue

The 3:23 AM knock on the door shook us out of our sleep. In fact, I shook more violently, grabbing onto Nate's inked arm. He groaned and rubbed his eyes, following the light from the hotel hallway peeking through the bottom crack of the door. He didn't bother put pants on, only wearing his black briefs. Not a care in the world that there could be a female from the hotel staff on the other side of the door prepared to tell us that his card was declined.

"Who is it," he asked in his raspy voice.

He looked through the peephole after getting no answer.

"Open the door Nathan."

The familiar voice sent immediate chills up my spine. Nate reached for his pistol that he had placed under the mattress while I found a shirt to put on.

"And no guns," that voice spoke again. "We come in peace."

"We?" I whispered.

"Don't make any sudden movements," Nate whispered back, putting the pistol on the bed near my legs. "Either I let him in or he'll let himself in. But if worse comes to worse lil mama, I need you to aim and fire. Got that?"

I nodded, trying to control my fear. A couple days after we found out that our romantic getaway was being cut short, we stopped at an open field where he taught me how to shoot. I was scared as hell considering me & guns don't mix. But if I was going to be his little ride or die, I had to learn. I'm no expert but at least I can say I'm not a rookie.

Soon enough, Nate opened the door and in walked Foosh. He had a calm demeanor and a smug grin on his face.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting anything," Foosh spoke. "Oh hello Olivia...and ladies."

I quickly folded my arms in front of my chest so he'd stop staring.

"How did you find us," Nate asked quietly.

"That would be my doing," another voice spoke. In walked a taller guy with brown hair and dark eyes. He had the kind of face that could come across as looking up to no-good or looking completely innocent.

"Evan," Nate gulped.

"In the flesh baby," Evan exclaimed. "It's been a while, Nate. You know you were my best runner...after my cousin, of course."

"What do you guys want," Nate asserted.

"We thought we'd tell you personally." Evan came toward me and sat down on the bed. "You're cute. She's cute."

"Yeah and that's all there is about her," Foosh rudely added. Nate's fists clenched and Foosh laughed. "I forgot you're in love with her or something. Listen..."

"Yeah listen," Evan repeated. "And pay good attention."

Suddenly I heard a slight scraping of metal. Evan had whipped out a small & very sharp knife, holding it up against my neck. I was frozen in place, remembering Nate telling me not to make any sudden movements.

"I thought it was rude of me to cut your romantic vacation short with my demands," Foosh went on. "So, being the amazing and thoughtful friend to you that I am, I decided to let you continue it. Hell, even prolong it."

"You smell amazing," Evan whispered into my ear, eventually licking my earlobe. Skate tensed up completely at the sight. I could only imagine the look Evan is giving him right now just to piss him off.

"Get to the point Foosh," said Nate.

"I planned your whole trip out, dude." Foosh hands him 3 stapled sheets of paper. "See how office savvy I am? I stapled it & shit. Grand Canyon, the Alamo, etcetera. Take your pictures, have sex on a rock, whatever. You just have to make one little stop in L.A. They call him King Bach. He has something for us and I need you to pick it up."

"What are we pickin' up?"

"Don't worry about it. Just tell him Evan and Jake sent you," Evan said a little too loudly by my ear. Evan kissed me on the cheek and put away his knife. "Thanks for cooperating, sweet tits."

He got up and rejoined Foosh as they made their way out of our room.

"Oh, and some ground rules since you tried to fuck my cousin over," Evan said with his index finger in the air. "You toss your phones, which I'm tracking, you're gonna regret it. You send her home to safety, she's gonna regret it...which, I guess, in turn you'll regret it too. And lastly, most importantly, if you get the cops involved? You're basically fucked."

"Have a goodnight, ladies," Foosh said like an asshole.

After they walked out, Nate locked the door and I gasped for air. I didn't realize my breathing had been shallow this whole time. He held me tight as I hyperventilated.

"Shh, baby, look at me, look at me." He held my face in both hands, kissing my tears while I held on to his wrists. "Let's just get this over with and not piss them off, okay lil mama? It's you and me."

"You and me," I repeated through tears.

"Are you my ride or die, baby? Hmm?"

I nodded quickly trying to calm my nerves. He kissed me and I knew...I just knew that my life is about to make a total 180. I had to get into game mode. Reset.

__________

Author's Note: SO! We have arrived back to the journey of Nate and Liv. Some of you have already read this Prologue when it was posted on my Tumblr. The FIRST chapter will premiere on Wednesday May 20th.

I'm also going to make a separate "wattpad book" just for updates & news so be on the lookout for all that ^.^