Kira Investigation: Closed

Start from the beginning

   " Maybe. "

   " Don't stress over it, lightbulb. " You said, hitting Light's arm. 

Light only chuckled and walked with you towards the desk. Rem was near, and you looked over at her and nodded. She nodded back. When the other members came, you hugged them, happy to see Aizawa again. He hugged you tightly and messed up your hair as he would do to his daughter. Aizawa asked to see the Death Note, and Ryuzaki handed it to him, turning towards Rem in his chair. Aizawa started to read out the Death Note rules while everyone listened. Ryuzaki was listening, but he was also taking containers that once held cream for coffee (they were empty after he used them in his coffee) and staking them up on a tower.

   " There are two more rules on the back. 'If you make this note unusable by tearing it up or burning it, all the humans who have touched the note till then will die.' According to these instructions in the back of the notebook, 'If the person using the note fails to consecutively write names of people to be killed within thirteen days of each other, then the user will die.' "

   " Wait a second. If that's true, then it means Light and Misa-Misa are completely clear, doesn't it? " Matsuda asked with a smile.

   " Yeah, now that you mention it, that's right. Light and Misa were detained for more than fifty days and are still under surveillance. If either of them had been Kira, there's no way they would still be alive by now. "

Mr. Yagami seemed to smile at this slightly, but his smile soon faded when Ryuzaki called to Rem.

   " Rem, was it? That's your name, isn't it? The white thing over there? "

   " Ryuzaki, isn't it a bit rude to go around calling someone a 'white thing'? " Matsuda said, turning towards the detective.

But, Matsuda's words of warning were not heard.

   " What do you want? "

   " There's more than one notebook in the human world, isn't there? "

   " There is one more. "

   " If there are other notebooks either here or in your world, Would they all have the same rules as this one? "

   " Yes, they are all the same. There are many notebooks in the Shinigami Realm, but they all have the same rules. Even the rules for when humans obtain them. "

   " We need to find the other notebook. " Aizawa said, interrupting Ryuzaki's conversation.

   " Will you show us where it is located? " Ryuzaki asked before stacking another empty creamer container on the others.

   " I will show only one of you. I do not like humans, so I will only tolerate one traveler to go with me. "

   " Mogi, go with Rem to retrieve the notebook. "

   " No. "

   " No? " Ryuzaki questioned.

   " I will pick for myself. "

   " Alright, as you may. But I must ask you to not pick Light Yagami or Misa Amane. "

   " Ryuzaki! Misa Amane and Light have both been cleared of suspicion. They shouldn't be under surveillance any longer. " Aizawa said, stepping up.

You shook your head at the age-old argument. Ryuzaki would have to release Light and Misa now since they both were cleared and Higuchi was apprehended. Rem turned towards you and looked down at you.

   " Come human; I will show you the way. "

You nodded and followed Rem. She flew while you walked in the direction she was going. She led you out of the city and into the forest near your old street. As soon as you entered the forest, she walked due to the tress.