CHAPTER 14: Talent

FILM EMPRESS'S DAILY FACE SLAPPING CHAPTER 14:

Talent

The atmosphere in the dressing room wasn't disturbed. Everyone minded their own business because two unknown actresses weren't worth their attention.

"Mu Yao hasn't come yet. Who said that these clothes must be picked by her first?" Liu jie glanced at Zhu Qinqin and then took down the white set and gave it to Su Shen, "Go and change first."

After hearing that, the others glanced at Liu jie peculiarly. In the entertainment industry, people would always look at the person before serving the food. Mu Yao was so popular these days that few would offend her. From this manager's tone of voice, she must be a highly experienced one. If she was an ordinary manager, how would she be able to have an unpopular actress come and audition for the female lead?

"What does it matter if she changes or not, wouldn't it all be for nothing in the end?" Zhu Qinqin sneered and waved at the makeup artist to touch up on her makeup.

Before Liu jie could speak, Su Shen looked back at her, "Everyone who comes to the audition has a chance. If it's already been decided, why have an audition? Also, I took the clothes for the female lead. You seem to be auditioning for the supporting female role, did I take your clothes?"

Zhu Qinqin's complexion couldn't help but darkened. The others began to mutter around. They had thought that Zhu Qinqin was auditioning for the female lead from her manner. But, it turned out that she was only auditioning for the supporting female role.

Just at this moment, Li Xue, who had been silent, turned around and indifferently glanced at Zhu Qinqin, "This is the dressing room for the audition of the female lead. You're just a supporting role, how did you come in?"

These words could be said to be a prick to Zhu Qinqin's heart but what the other party said was not wrong. The others looked at Zhu Qinqin mockingly. Who told her to incessantly flatter Mu Yao? Didn't she know that Li Xue was also auditioning for the female lead?

The latter's complexion immediately turned green then white*, facing the mocking looks of everyone. She didn't dare offend Li Xue, glared at Su Shen and hurriedly left the dressing room.

turned green then white (一阵青一阵白)* - describes the change in someone's facial expression when they become surprised or angry

She must've simply just come here for Mu Yao. After all, the artists sitting here were all well-known. As long as she got acquainted with them, it would benefit her in the future. The entertainment industry had always been a place particularly keen on connections.

Su Shen ignored all this. She took the clothes and went to the changing room to change into her outfit. Nowadays, the historical attire only looked complex on the surface but was actually quite easy to wear. It wasn't even on par with the clothes during her time so Su Shen quickly changed and went out.

This time, there was another person in the dressing room. She was sitting on the makeup chair with several makeup artists surrounding her while the others could only wait until she finished. Even Li Xue wasn't an exception and had to stop halfway through her makeup.

That woman seemed to be a little chubbier than on screen but her skin was just as pale and her oval face was extraordinarily refined. She was currently sitting there like a queen with the makeup artists and stylist revolving around her. The others didn't dare to utter a single complaint.

This was also Su Shen's first time seeing her in person. This Mu Yao was the one that loved hyping up a cp as per Wang Cheng.

"Liu jie, is this your new artist?" Mu Yao saw Su Shen from the mirror and had to say that after changing into historical attire, Su Shen was really quite radiant. That distinct classical style, seemingly as if she was born just for historical attire.