The Name(Soulmate AU)

A/n: Everyone has a soulmate. Their name appears on the inside of your left wrist on your sixteenth birthday. Y/n, a Hufflepuff, has already had a crush on her soulmate but she is afraid when she finds out her soulmate, but little does she know, her soulmate loves her already.

Y/n POV

I woke up in my dorm room on my birthday. My sixteenth birthday. This was the day that I would find out the name of my soulmate.

When I had prepared myself enough, I sat up in bed and looked at my left wrist. My fingers ran over the name of my soulmate. On my wrist was the name.

Mattheo Riddle

I had so many thoughts. But the biggest one was, 'What if he rejects me? Or worse, what if he is disgusted by me?' I thought. So many thoughts ran through my head. But I didn't know when his birthday is or was otherwise I would talk to him. But I can barely get one word out around him. I've had a crush on him ever since second year. But I have no choice, he's my soulmate and if he doesn't accept it then I will die alone.

My roommates draw me out of my thoughts by yelling.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" they yell. I look at Mia, then at Gaby to see them both holding presents. I sit up and groan.

"Thanks. But I'm not in the mood right now." I say as I am still thinking about his name on my wrist.

"Wait, you got your soulmate name today. WHO IS IT?!" Gaby yells in excitement. But before I can say anything, or cover my wrist, Mia and Gaby already have pulled it by then to read it.

"Riddle? I would've never guessed. Are you gonna tell him?" Mia asks.

"HECK NO! ARE YOU CRAZY?! He'd reject me in a heartbeat, I can assure you." I say to them as I pull my wrist back and go back under my covers. Mia rubs my back as Gaby starts pacing and giving me ideas of how to tell him.

After about an hour of this, I finally sit up and get dressed as they are still talking. When I'm done, I finally speak up.

"ENOUGH! I am not telling him. If he already knows, then he will come to me when he's ready. I can't tell him." I say as I walk out of the dorm, out of the common room, and down the hall to the great hall.

The minute I walked in the great hall, my eyes met with Mattheo. The moment that they did, I looked away and went to the Hufflepuff table. I got food, ate quickly, and went to do some studying. It was a Saturday so I could spend the whole day there and not be bothered.

Timeskip

I just took a walk outside the courtyard. I just needed some time to think. About this soulmate stuff. I still don't get it. How is my crush, my soulmate? I am also scared. What if he doesn't like me? That is the constant question that has been running through my head all day.

Anyways, I was going over some potions notes when I felt a presence next to me. I look and see Mattheo Riddle. I subconsciously glance at his wrist and see the tattoo of my name on his wrist. I look away and go back to my books. 'No way. It must've been a name that looked like mine.' I thought as I grabbed my things and started walking back to the common room.

I was walking down the hall when I felt a presence behind me. I whipped around only to find Mattheo Riddle behind me. He backed me up against a wall. Oh no. He knows that I know. He hates me. I knew it. That was what ran through my head.

"You're my soulmate." he said to me. My breath hitched. 'I have to get out of here before he does something to me' I think. I quickly duck under his arms and run out of the room. I ran to the common room and up to my dorm.