//Book 4// ~ Rebirth

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. You're right." Brainy says. "Take this." He says, handing her his ring. "It's a loaner...while I'm recovering. And the first step in trying to...make up for everything I've done. Who knows, it might be of service."

***

"There's a section of the armory that's just artifacts from the Andromeda Galaxy." Supergirl says as her, Lena, and Alex arrive in the Fortress of Solitude. "The Jarhanpurium weapon should be in there."

"Okay." Alex nods before leaving to retrieve the weapon

"I may be able to reinforce the anti-Luthor protocol." Lena says. "It won't kill Lex now that he's immortal, but it might slow him down–"

"Lena..." Supergirl cuts her off

"Kara, he's gonna try and kill you. All right?" Lena tells her. "I won't let you turn this into a su*c*de mission. I can't."

"We've got no other choice." Supergirl tells Lena. "It's okay. I've come to terms with it. As long as you guys stop the satellites, and help everyone with the Myriad...It'll be worth it."

"When Lex comes, you're gonna wanna take the higher path, but you know him." Lena tells Supergirl. "He plays dirty. Mean. Maximizing the pain wherever he can."

"Well, I was stuck in the Phantom Zone replaying the destruction of my planet for nearly a decade." Supergirl says. "And then I just watched the love of my life die. So...Bring it on." It's silent for a moment. "We should probably..."

"Kara." Lena whispers. "I know it wasn't easy to trust me again. Especially with Myriad..."

"You're the only person in the galaxy I know would do right by it." Supergirl tells her. "Come on." And with that, they venture deeper into the Fortress

***

"I got the weapon." Alex says, joining the other girls

"I'll go get Myriad." Lena says, leaving the room

"Oh, um, I'm gonna borrow this portal watch." Alex says. "I think it could come in handy."

"Yeah, as long as you return it." Supergirl tells her

"I always return the things that I borrow." Alex says

"Oh, yeah? Tell that to every graphic tee I owned from junior high on." Supergirl says and her and Alex laugh

"You know, it is...it's just really nice to see you working with Lena again." Alex says

"Yeah." Supergirl says. "Yeah, we've got a ways to go but...It is nice."

"I love you." Alex tells Supergirl

"I love you." Supergirl says back, hugging her sister. "Always."

"Always." Alex says

"We have to go." Lena says, walking back in

"I will see you later." Alex tells Supergirl. "With this. Maybe." And she portals away

"Good luck, Kara." Lena tells Supergirl

"You, too." Supergirl tells Lena before Lena portals away

Supergirl takes a deep breath, looking around the place. And then, she hears something

"Hello?" Supergirl questions, getting in a fighting stance

"No fighting stance necessary." Marvin's voice says, walking into the room. "I'm just here to check in on you."

Supergirl relaxes her body. "How is Willow?" She questions

"She's hanging in there." Marvin says. "She's worried about you. J'onn called us and let me know what was going on." He says, walking closer to her. "Why are you doing this?"