Stegosaurus

INFORMATION

Name Meaning: Roofed Lizard.

Period: Upper Jurassic (approximately between 156 to 144 million years).

Length: between 7 to 9 meters.

Height: 4 meters.

Weight: Between 5,3 to 7 tons.

Diet: Herbivore.

Stegosaurus is a genus with 3 or probably 4, known species of stegosaurid thyreophoran dinosaurs, which lived in the late Jurassic period, approximately 156 to 144 million years ago, between the Kimmeridgiense and Titoniense, in what is now North America and possibly Europe.

Due to its distinctive tail spines and plates, Stegosaurus is one of the most recognizable dinosaurs. At least three species have been identified in the upper Morrison Formation of the western United States, and the remains of at least 80 individuals have been found.

A large, heavily built, quadrupedal herbivore, Stegosaurus had a distinctive and unusual posture, with a strongly arched back, short forelimbs, head low to the ground, and stiff tail held in the air. Due to its distinctive combination of wide, upright plates and spiked tail at the tip, Stegosaurus is one of the most recognizable types of dinosaurs. His armory of plates and spikes has been the subject of much conjecture. The spines were most likely used for defense, while the plates have also been proposed as a defensive mechanism, and as part of display and thermoregulatory functions.

Although it was a large animal, it was dwarfed by its giant sauropod contemporaries such as Diplodocus, Camarasaurus, and Apatosaurus.

The Stegosaurus is one of the most famous dinosaurs in popular culture, being just as recognized as the Triceratops and the Tyrannosaurus, being the favorite of many and a very interesting dinosaur.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

IN JURASSIC WORLD

Length: Between 9 to 10 meters.

Height: Between 4 to 4,5 meters.

Weight: Between 7 to 8,5 tons.

Diet: Herbivore.

Aggressiveness: 🟠 Aggressive.

The Stegosaurus is one of the many dinosaurs that are part of Jurassic World, being one of the most iconic dinosaurs in the park, who are exhibited in "The Valley of the Gallimimus" and "Gentle Giants"

The Stegosaurus is one of the oldest dinosaurs in the history of the original park, being one of the first to be cloned originally for Jurassic Park, but due to the site B incident, these dinosaurs and more were left free in that site, being one of the many dinosaurs that haunt Sorna Island.

Stegosaurus is a sociable dinosaur with many of its family and other dinosaurs of the same root (Stegosaurids), but not so much with other species, this dinosaur is sociable with Apatosaurus, Gallimimus and Torosaurus, but prefers to stay away from the rest of the dinosaurs , it is still unknown why it is very unsociable with other species.

Very little is known about the behavior of the Stegosaurus, but one thing is clear, this dinosaur hates the vast majority of ceratopsids, especially the Triceratops, it is unknown why this hatred was born between these 2 species, but the Stegosaurus gets along with Torosaurus and sometimes it is seen living with Styracosaurus and Sinoceratops, but being close to some Triceratops it is seen to behave in a territorial and aggressive way, this behavior is under investigation.

Being a very popular dinosaur among the public, it is usually very visited, but there is a problem, this dinosaur usually hates the attention of visitors, getting too stressed and can attack some structure or the same people, it is recommended Get away from this dinosaur to avoid a tragedy.

LAST MINUTE UPDATE

The death of a Stegosaurus specimen has been reported due to a fight between a Triceratops specimen, the latter was seriously injured but could be healed of his wounds, but it was not the same for the Stegosaurus specimen, when he died in combat he has thought of separating these two species to avoid more incidents like this, being specific, this was the first incident caused by herbivorous dinosaurs, before future cases similar to this.

In Jurassic World, the Stegosaurus is a somewhat different dinosaur from its real counterpart, due to the fact that its DNA was slightly altered to complete the genetic sequence and clone it, more than 7 specimens of this dinosaur were cloned, and now we know several difference data between his real counterpart.

As a first fact, the cloned Stegosaurus has dimensions between 9 to 10 meters long, between 4 to 4,5 meters high and weighs between 7 to 8,5 tons, if we talk about its real counterpart, it has some Dimensions of between 7 to 9 meters long, 4 meters high and weighing between 5,3 to 7 tons, surely you have already noticed, thats right, the cloned Stegosaurus is much larger and heavier than its real counterpart, this size anomaly It is due to the genetic alteration of the cloned specimens, this can make it very different from its real counterpart.

The appearance of the Stegosaurus usually has differences from its real counterpart, the most noticeable being the physical appearance of the animal. The cloned specimens have a slightly smaller head than their real counterpart which has a longer head, the body of the cloned specimens are usually more robust and the plates that protrude from the upper part of the back are slightly small, unlike its real counterpart that has a slightly thinner body and higher plates, and the most noticeable, the tail of the cloned specimens are usually very close to the ground, almost dragging their tails like lizards, while their real counterparts have their tails highly raised and very far from the ground.

Something little known about the cloned specimens is their life expectancy, having an approximate life of 20 years, being one of the dinosaurs with a high life expectancy, and once they reach 14 years they can reach adulthood, while the real counterpart very little is known about his life expectancy.

The Stegosaurus is a well-known dinosaur in the park, just as famous as the Triceratops, now you know who this dinosaur is, below we show you a detailed image of this species:

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Jurassic World; Camp Cretaceous | Lost Files | Species Profile Bookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें