Tyrannosaurus Rex

INFORMATION

Name Meaning: Tyrant Lizard King.

Period: Upper Cretaceous (approximately between 68 and 66 million years).

Length: Between 12 to 13 meters.

Height: 4 meters.

Weight: Between 6 to 9 tons.

Diet: Carnivore (Possibly a Scavenger).

Tyrannosaurus Rex is the only known species of the fossil genus Tyrannosaurus of tyrannosaurid theropod dinosaur, which lived in the late Cretaceous period, approximately 68-66 million years ago, in the Maastrichtiense, in what is now North America. Its distribution on the continent was much wider than other tyrannosaurids. Commonly abbreviated as "T. rex", and Castilianized as Tyrannosaurus, it is a common figure in popular culture. It was one of the last non-avian dinosaurs to exist before the Cretaceous-Tertiary mass extinction.

Tyrannosaurus Rex was a bipedal carnivore with a huge skull balanced by a long, heavy tail. Relative to its long and powerful hindlimbs, Tyrannosaurus's forelimbs were small, but surprisingly strong for their size, ending in two clawed fingers. Although other theropods rival or exceed Tyrannosaurus rex in size, it is still the largest known tyrannosaurid and one of the largest known predators on Earth, measuring 12 to 13 meters long, 4 meters tall at the hips (There is a chance that the Tyrannosaurus reaches 5 or 6 meters in height, but the possibilities are very low), and with estimated weights between 6 and 9 tons.

For a long time it was the largest carnivore in its ecosystem; It must have been the top predator, preying on hadrosaurids and ceratopsids, although some experts have suggested it was primarily a scavenger. The debate over whether Tyrannosaurus was a dominant predator or a scavenger is one of the longest running in the paleontology.

IN JURASSIC WORLD

Length: 14 meters.

Height: 5 meters.

Weight: Between 8 to 11 tons.

Diet: Carnivore.

Aggressiveness: 🟡 Hostile.

Before the existence of Jurassic World, there was a park called "Jurassic Park", previously, in the Sorna Island facilities, it was the place where the cloning of the first specimen of "T. rex". After that on the cloned specimen would achieve adequate growth and be transferred to Nublar Island, where Tyranossaurus Rex himself was integrated into Jurassic Park, scientists and park staff called him "Roberta" but mostly he is called "Rexy".