Chapter 4- Neighbor

4 Years Later~

"Rin opens her eyes to see Ran leaning over her, gently nudging her shoulder.

"Rin-neechan, wake up, it's time for breakfast," Ran says.

"Just give me five minutes..." she mumbles groggily.

"Mom will scold you if you're late," Ran reminds her.

"Ugh... fine..." she says reluctantly, rolling out of bed as she slowly stretches and stands up she goes to the downstairs.

"Good morning Mom, Ran," Rin replies.

"Did you oversleep?" Mom asks her.

"Maybe a little bit..." she replies with a yawn.

Ran looks up at her excitedly. "But Neechan, you went to sleep so early!"

Rin shrugs her shoulders. "Yeah..."

Her Mom notices the fatigue on Rin's face too. "Then why do you look so tired, Rin?" she asks.

" I just had a beautiful dream," Rin says, smiling.

"What did you dream about, Neechan?" Ran asks excitedly.

Rin giggles playfully. "It's a secret."

"C'mon, please tell me!" Ran begs.

"Nope! It's just for me," Rin replies with a smug smirk.

""Hm!" Ran gives her a grumpy look.

Rin thinks to herself 'that was actually a lie... I didn't have a dream at all...'

"Where's Dad?" she asks.

"He went to his friend because his friend needed help with something," Her Mom replies.

Rin gives a slight nod. "Hmm, I see."

"Uh, I forget we have new neighbors,"Her Mom says in between bites of food.

"Neighbors?" both Rin and Ran ask.

"Yes," Her Mom replies.

Rin gives a curious look. "Do they have children?"

"I think yeah they have two daughters," Mom responds.

"Ran jumps with excitement. "If we meet them, can we play with them Neechan?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not," Rin replies.

"By the way, your dad and I are talking about if you can go to kindergarten," Mom says.

"Really? We're going to school?" Ran responds, her eyes shining with excitement.

Rin's Mom notices the stunned look on Rin's face. "Are you alright, Rin?" she asks.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay," Rin responds, pretending to be fine.

Her Mom looks at her skeptically. "Don't you want to go to school, Rin?"

Rin makes up an excuse. "Uh no, I'm excited to go to school too haha."

"Well done, I'll enroll you two in kindergarten later," Mom says.

"Yeheyyy!" Ran says excitedly.

"Ha..ha.ha yehey.." Rin responds with feigned enthusiasm.

After breakfast, Rin thinks 'damn it... I hate school' to herself.

The thought of having to study again makes Rin frustrated. "Ugh, whatever, just calm..." she says to herself.

She decides to step outside for some fresh air, hoping it would help her.

She remembers how dedicated she was to studying in her previous life and how she always had been the highest achiever in the academy.

Rin remembers that her family was well off and they had enrolled her in a prestigious academy, along with dormitory accommodations.

She was the valedictorian in the academy and had the highest score among her classmates.

She considers the option of homeschooling and decides it would be a good idea to talk to her mom about it.

I will use my cuteness.. for they can do The thought of using her cuteness to get her parents to agree to let her homeschool makes her smirk and feel confident.

She decides to look around, when she notices a girl carrying a heavy load of groceries. She considers helping, but then thinks, "Ugh, whatever."

Rin is hesitant to help the girl, but a kind side of her emerges and her conscious tells her to help.

She walks up to the girl and says, "Let me help you, Ms."

The girl seems surprised by the offer and hesitantly replies, "Uhh... no, it's okay..."

""No, I want to help you please," Rin insists, her kindness compelling her to help.

"Uhh... okay thanks," the girl replies, seemingly grateful for the help.

"Aren't you our neighbors right?" the girl asks.

"Uhh... well yeah," Rin responds hesitantly.

"Your personality is like my sister," the girl claims.

"Oh really?" Rin responds, a little taken aback by the random comment.

"I "I think you'll be good friends to her," the girl remarks.

"I want to meet your sister," Rin replies curiously.

"Then you can come or visit to our house," the girl offers.

"Huh?"

Rin is surprised by the sudden invitation, but the curiosity to see the girl's sister overwhelms her.

""We're here, this is our house by the way, what's your name?" Akemi asks.

"Rin," Rin confirms.

"Thank you for helping me, Rin. My name is Akemi. You can visit here always if you want," she says, welcomingly.

"And I want you to meet my sister too, because you two look like a pair and to be her first friend," she adds, making Rin very curious about her.

"First friend?" Rin responds, intrigued by the idea.

"Well she never actually had friends yet," Akemi explains.

Rin nods in understanding. "Then if you come, I can bake you cookies," Akemi says excitedly.

"Cookies...?" Rin's eyes widen in surprise at the thought of delicious cookies.

"Hmm, then I will try to visit you again and meet your sister hehe," Rin replies, her mind already filled with plans of hanging out with Akemi and playing with her sister.

"I'll tell you my favorite food is sweet things..."

"Oh really Rin-chan thank you," Akemi replies warmly.

Rin nods and smiles, ready to head back home as well.

"Well I have to go, my mom will scold me haha."

"Oh, okay," Akemi says, nodding her understanding "Bye Rin!" she waved as Rin walk away

'Weird her Name look Familiar...'

TO BE CONTINUED