Chapter 1- Dying on my 29 birthday

“Let me tell you a story....”

It all started back when I was still a child. My parents were wealthy, providing me with all sorts of lessons in the form of the arts and sports...

I was trained in the ballet, dance, violin, piano, painting, kendo, horseback riding, taekwondo, shooting gun, and duel wielding gun and blah blah blah.

However, no matter how much I enjoyed these lessons, there was always an underlying sense of emptiness and loneliness that stayed with me no matter what, It was all boring...

To my family, I was perfect and talented, and that was final. They didn't care about my feelings or ambitions. Instead, they only wanted what they thought was best for me.

One day, they told me they wanted me to become the next Chairman to my grandpa's company, and they were putting all their focus into my studies to make sure that would happen.

My family had me study and train until my nose was bleeding and I was on the verge of collapse. They didn't care about how I felt, my well-being, or my needs. I was raised like a robot, being forced into a strict regiment and training for their greed and ambition."

But I didn't care. I knew I was just a puppet to them. A vessel for them to control and mold into the child they wanted.

I let them do what they want with me because I loved them. I craved their attention and approval. I was fooled by their 'love' into thinking this was what was best for me when I was younger.

Until When I became the CEO, they died when I was 21. I thought of resigning, but I found life to be boring without a goal or purpose. I didn't know what to do with myself if I resigned.

So I didn't resign. I didn't even know what my dream was supposed to be.  That's why I started to think that life was boring and tiresome. I had nothing to look forward to or work towards, and I felt empty and alone.

///

Ring Ring Ring...

The ringing phone breaks md out of my slump.

"Low?"

"Hana, where are you? I thought we were going to eat together," a familiar voice says through the phone."

I narrow my eyes and grin "Didn't I tell you "Narrowing my eyes and grinning mischievously, I reply, "Didn't I tell you I'm busy?""

"Hey, come at 12 exactly. It's a special day!"

"Special day? What do you mean?"

"Come on, you even forgot about your birthday. It's your 29th birthday!"

I froze for a moment, smirking a bit and keeping my phone pressed to my ear. "I see. I don't want to go, I'm busy."

"Really? We should celebrate your birthday this once. I even brought a cake."

I sighed to her words I know she's only my friend I don't have choice but to agree.

"Fine, I'm coming. But just this once."

"Really? That's great. But did you watch the anime I recommended to you?"

"You mean that childish anime with the many episodes?"

"Yes, but it's not childish. It's really exciting. The Detective Conan, and I know you became a detective in high school. Your mother got mad at you because of it"

"I know"

"I know," I reply softly.

"Did you watch it? The Detective Conan?"

"Hmm... yeah, I guess. A thousand episodes, and I watched them all without any sleep."

"Really? Did you really watch it?"

"Yeah thought I'm not done watching it because there's so many episode left and it was really exhausted staying at night, By they wau I'm going to hang up now," I whisper into the phone.

"Okay, I'll see you there", the call ends, and I stand up from my seat.

I see the clock and note the time; it's already 11:45. I take an umbrella and head out of my office and walk outside into the rain.

I was caught by surprise at the sight of the cat, who appeared to be giving me a flower. It looked like a typical kitty cat despite being such a cute sight.

Regardless, I couldn't resist its charm. I took the flower and fed it a little piece of bread as a thank you.

I began walking down the road and glanced at the flower in my hand, with a slightly puzzled expression. Unfortunately, I was not paying enough attention to the green light on the road.

*BEEEEPPPP BEEEPPP*

My eyes widened in horror as a truck rushed past in front of me. I lost my balance and fell back, and my eyes widened as I was hit by a truck.

*SLAM!*

The rain fell around me, and the red blood stained the ground. All I could feel was immense pain and discomfort as it felt like my bones had broken and my limbs had twisted unnaturally.

Even a small cry or scream could not escape from my mouth.

I was like a broken doll, lying helplessly on the ground while the truck rumbled by, crushing my body.

"Ah... I'm going to die like this, huh?" I thought. "IT'S SO FUNNY." It was indeed ironic and cruel that I would die in such a pathetic and meaningless way.

I smirked at my situation, my face and body covered in blood and twisted around in awkward angles. I couldn't move, I felt exhausted, and my head pounded in pain.

"My life has never been happy" I thought to myself. "But now that I am dying, I feel warm and comfortable. This is the feeling...when you're going to die. It all seems so wonderful."

Ah, finally, now I know what my dream is; in the next life, if I would be reborn, it would be a lazy and sleepy one. Because this life is boring, I would rest and slack off all I could.

"But I know... reincarnation is nothing but a foolish hope, and a pathetic wish."

"Tick... tok.. tick.. tok.."  

The clock strikes 12

Exactly at the strike of 12:00, I die on my 29th birthday, my mind and heart slowly fading as I close my eyes.

A beautiful RED rose suddenly became black and slowly faded away in my hands as my life left me.

Continue:
.................................,...............................................

Author:Sorry for bad Grammer and it's truck-kun again...

I know this chapter is short... But

I'm wondering what will happen in chapter 2 I'm still thinking...