9.

"This is ridiculous," I stand up angrily. "Who cares if she applied to be a Raven? She's an Eagle now and that's all that matters."

"Now maybe I don't speak as fancy as Sophie does but at least I'm honest. Right?" Parker states, ignoring me.

Everyone cheers in approval to Parker's statement. Sophie stares at her Louie, looking like a kicked puppy.

"You know what? It's true," Sophie finally says. "When I first came to the Greenhouse I thought the Eagles were only into sports and I didn't like that. But then I got to know the team better and I realized they're so much more than jocks."

"I mean, the Eagles are smart, disciplined, go-getters. Who wouldn't want to be an Eagle, right?" She continues. "And ever since then, I've never looked back. And that Parker, that's the honest truth."

I stand up and clap proudly, accompanied by the rest of the Eagles. Everyone chants her name and I rush over to hug her.

"You were great," I smile at her. "I can't believe Parker would do something like that."

"Yeah but I don't think he was in it alone," she mumbles, looking over at Daniel and Alex.

I scoff, "why am I not surprised?" I ask rhetorically.

Brooke walks over to us with a smile, "well done Sophie. You were awesome."

As Brooke and Sophie converse, I notice Alex leaving the clubhouse. I turn my attention back to the conversation. I'm done babysitting him.

Daniel sits at a nearby table and calls me over. I sigh and tell the girls that I'll catch up with them after the election.

"What's up?" I ask, taking a seat beside Daniel.

"Honestly, everything. I thought Parker would be cut out for this especially with my help but clearly he isn't," Daniel grumbles, rubbing his forehead.

"Yeah well, exposing someone's secret in order to win an election isn't captain material, is it?" I respond with a sarcastic smile.

"Shut it," he scoffs. "You'd do the same if you were in my place."

"Not really."

Alex walks over to us and takes a seat beside me. He gives me a smile and I raise my eyebrows curiously.

"How bad is it?" Daniel asks.

"Very bad. I've asked everybody and nobody wants Parker. It's gonna be a landslide for Sophie," Alex replies.

I fold my arms and smirk, "I hate to say I told you so but- I told you so."

"Whatever. Who's even voting for her?" Daniel asks. "Maybe I can get their names and-"

"Daniel, stop. It's over and you know it," I sigh, rubbing the bridge of my nose. Alex nods in agreement.

Daniel sighs and runs his hand through his hair. "So humiliating. Gosh."

"It doesn't have to be," Alex suggests.

"What do you mean?" Daniel and I ask in sync.

Alex leans over and lowers his voice. "I think we should tell Parker to quit the race before the votes are counted."

I sit back and nod, "great idea. Why didn't you come up with it earlier?"

Alex ignores me, "you should tell everyone you're supporting the first female captain of the Eagles. This way, instead of coming off as a loser, you'll look like a hero."

Daniel nods, then smirks. "Who knew you were such a manipulator, kid?"

I slam my hands on the table, making Alex and Daniel jump. "Are you seriously using female empowerment to make yourself look good?" I ask angrily.