2.

"Can my sister play too? She's amazing at basketball."

The principal, who's apparently called Louis, switches his gaze from Alex and looks at me with a glint of curiosity.

"I don't see why not," he says with a smile.

"Thank you so much sir,", Alex says, then grabs my hand. "Let's go show those assholes how good we are."

"I though I was the asshole?" I say, holding my hand up to my heart and pretending to be offended.

"You are," Alex smiles. "But these guys are even bigger assholes."

"Fair enough."

We sit on the bleachers and watch as a boy participates in the fitness test. No offense to the boy, but he wasn't exactly cut out for the Eagles.

"Alex Woods, you're up," a coach says, passing Alex a basketball.

Hayley sits beside me and cheers Alex on as he continues to successfully throw the ball through the hoop.

"Alexandria Woods, you're up," the coach says after congratulating Alex.

"It's okay, you can call me Lexi," I smile as I take the ball from the coach.

The coach raises an eyebrow, "Alright Lexi, let's we what you can do-"

"Hey new kid," Daniel says to me with a smirk. "How about some duos? Me and Parker against you and your brother."

I look at Alex, who just shrugs, then I look at Parker who's already walking onto the court with Daniel.

"Alright fine," I reply, matching Daniel's smirk. "Alex, come on."

Alex nods and joins me on the court, smiling innocently at Daniel.

I pass Daniel the ball. "Ladies first," I say with a wink.

He scoffs and takes the ball, bouncing it between his legs. He tries to move forward but I block him and take the ball, passing it to Alex.

Alex dribbles it past Parker and passes back to me, allowing me to shoot. The ball goes through the hoop successfully and I high five Alex.

Daniel passes me the ball reluctantly and I bounce it a few times. He rushes forward and tries to take the ball but I dribble it past him and pass to Alex, who scores.

Daniel walks past me and hits his shoulder off mine, the force knocking me to the ground.

Alex immediately rushes over to me, bending down to help me up. "You okay, Lex?"

I nod and take his hand, allowing him to help me up. Then, I walk over to Daniel.

"Don't test me pretty boy," I narrow my eyes, stepping close to him. "Cause I'll pass every time."

Daniel rolls his eyes, stepping forward so that our faces are inches apart. "Wanna bet?"

"Alright knock it off Hayward," the coach says, pushing Daniel back. "That was a foul."

I take the ball and start bouncing it, ignoring Parker's failed attempts at trying to get it. I notice Daniel saying something to Alex, with a sly grin.

Suddenly Alex jumps forward, trying to attack Daniel. "Get him Alex!" I say, crossing my arms.

The coach jumps in to pull them apart, followed by some guy that was with the principal.

"Thank you Mr. Woods, you can leave now," the guy says in a stern tone.

"What?" Alex asks in confusion.