Chapter 15: Usual Suspects

Start from the beginning

Aqualad: "Where did you get those?"

(Y/n): "Cadmus right?"

Superboy: "Partially, they came from my human father, Lex Luthor."

I was speechless at this to say the least. I don't know who I expected to be the human donner but certainly not Lex Luthor.

Robin: "Lex Luthor, is your DAD?!"

Superboy: "He's summoned me to Santa Prisca."

The Team was in shock, at least I was. This is not exactly how I thought the day was going to go. Little did I know it's going to get worse.

Artemis: "Ahh listen. Superboy's not the only one suffering from bad DNA."

I spun around to face Artemis and moved back beside Zatanna. Artemis made her way over to the cave's computer and began typing. Soon an image of Cheshire, Sportsmaster and a woman code named Huntress who I've never heard of or seen before.

Artemis: "My mother is Huntress, an ex-con. The rest of my family aren't even ex. My dad's Sportsmaster and he's sending my sister Cheshire to fly me to Santa Prisca too."

Aqualad: "On the mission... with Roy..."

Artemis: "Yeah, I was so desperate to make sure none of you found out, I finally broke and told Wally after you and Roy got angry at me."

Dick: "I knew."

(Y/n): "Figures you knew. You probably figured it out before she joined."

Dick: "Hey I'm a detective. But it never mattered. You aren't your family."

Wally: "You're one of us."

Wally moved beside Artemis and hugged her quickly before casually leaning on her shoulder.

Wally: "So uh who's next?"

Wally casually asked and I laughed a little before M'gann spoke.

M'gann: "I am..."

Wally and I stopped laughing in shock and the rest of the team gasped when they realized she was serious.

Wally: "I swear I was kidding."

M'gann: "Queen Bee's been blackmailing me. She wants me in Santa Prisca too."

(Y/n): "What? How has she been blackmailing you?"

M'gann: "She knows my true Martian form..."

Dick: "Bald M'gann? Who cares if-"

M'gann: "No..."

M'gann sighed before beginning her transformation into her true form. As she transformed into the massive white Martian the Team gasped in shock. As a reflex I drew my pistol and stepped in front of Zatanna before quickly holstering it again before anyone noticed.

Rocket: "Oh..."

M'gann spoke telepathically to the team as we looked at her in horror.

M'gann: 'I realized you would never accept me if you saw what I really am.'

Aqualad: "M'gann, did we truly seem so shallow?"

M'gann: 'I couldn't take the chance. Being a white Martian among the green on Mars I endured constant rejection. I couldn't face that from..."

Conner: "From me? I've known since we mind melted last September in Bialya."

M'gann: 'But that was even before we became a couple. Why didn't you say anything?'

Conner: "I figured you would tell me when you're ready."

We stood in shock but it quickly wore off when I realized the opportunity we had in our hands.