New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrongant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /14/

Zacznij od początku

I smiled at them both, as Nick cleared his throat. “F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me, N is for anywhere and anytime at all---” Wow, he was singing a Spongebob song. Classic.

“Nick shut up!” Amelia snapped finally, as she turned around and glared at him. “I am sick and tired of hearing your obnoxious voice. Shut up before I make you. I swear I will, it would be my pleasure.”

“Oh get over it you Amelia. You think you’re so much better than everyone else, but you’re not. You want to know why no man will touch you with a ten foot pole? Because you’re a high maintenance, snooty bitch.”

I swear Amelia’s eyes turned to a much deeper and darker shade. “And do you want to know why you’ll never get a girl? Because you are arrogant, immature, and a disgrace to the vampire name. You will never have a serious relationship because you have nothing to offer. And I for one---”

“ENOUGH!” I jerked slightly as Caleb’s loud voice caused Amelia to grow quiet. “Both of you, shut up. I don’t want to hear it, alright? We have more important things to deal with then handling you two bitching at each other. So just shut the hell up.”

The whole car grew silent, and the rest of the ride home was awkward to say the least. When we did arrive at Amelia’s house, she angrily threw open the door, climbing out of the car and slamming the door shut.

Nick looked at me for a minute, and shrugged. “I guess that’s enough fun for tonight.” He said with a sigh, as he headed into the house as well. That left just Caleb and I standing outside alone.

I gazed at him for a moment. “Are you….okay?” I asked hesitantly.

His eyes met mine. “Of course. I’m fine. I’m just going to go to bed. It’s been a long day, and we’re going to need our rest. You also need to take that vile quick. Let’s go inside.”

I followed after him, as he moved inside and up the stairs. “Caleb I think something’s up. You seem frazzled. And I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you helping me out.”

He stopped for a second, and it seemed like he wanted to say something. However, he continued on, and moved towards a bedroom. I moved after him, and stopped once he did.

“I know you’re risking a lot for me, and I really do appreciate everything. I mean I wouldn’t even have a life if you didn’t come and help me. So thank you so much. I’m sorry if I upset you or if I…..”

“Melinda will you just be quiet, please?” He questioned, as his words caught me off guard. I furrowed my brows in confusion. “I’m not mad at you Melinda, okay? I’m mad at myself to be honest.”

Now I was even more confused. “What? Why would you possibly be mad at yourself? You’ve done nothing wrong. And I just want to say if I did something to upset your or….”

“I have done something wrong, alright? You’re just not understanding. You’re not to blame Melinda. I’m stupid enough to let it happen. I just can’t have this conversation right now. You need to take the vile and then we can head out somewhere else tomorrow.”

He tried walking away, but I extended my arm out, stopping him. “Caleb, what are you trying to say exactly? What’s going on?” I asked, curiosity getting a hold of me.

He pulled away from me for a moment. “I’d prefer to not have this conversation. Besides, I’m sure Nick is wondering where you are.” Caleb said his name in a spiteful way. My jaw-dropped slightly, as realization hit.

“You’re…jealous.” I managed to spit out, the words sounding funny coming out of my mouth.

Caleb stood there silently for a minute. “No I’m not.” He stated crisply. “I just think the two of you would be a very bad idea. Nick isn’t the guy for you Melinda.”