Chapter 5

I put on my red boots other than my converse because my mum said it was "more lady like". Ugh. Annoying. I went out and went to the car. I was greeted by Jeremy who was wearing his usual black sunglasses when there wasnt even that much sun. I was really excited to go to the bakery, but not for the cake. You may ask for what? I will tell you.

*30 minutes earlier*

I went down to the kitchen to look for Jeremy. Ah yes. There he his. Sitting on the chair talking to the chef and sipping on his coffee. But before I could approach him i heard something:

" Psst. Psst. Miss?Miss?" Someone called our for me.

I turned that way and saw the son of our chef, Rahul. (Oh yes out chef was an Indian. He cooks great food.) Rahul was an Indian boy with black-brown hair and brown eyes like his father. He had turned 19 last month.

"Oh my god Rahul, you scared me." I told him putting a hand on my fast beating heart.

"I am sorry miss. I really needed to talk to you." Rahul said frantically. Like he was scared of something. Or rather someone.

"What is it?" I asked in a hushed voice not wanting anyone to listen

"I heard you are going to the bakery for a cake?"

"Ah yes. Thats what you wanted to talk about?" I asked not knowing where this conversation was heading.

"Ah yes. I need a favour. One day when I went grocery shopping for baba i saw a beautiful girl around my age. I bumped into her accidentally and then we started talking. I went to the bakery everyday to meet her. Her name was Susan and she is the love of my life. My Susan. But one day her father found out about our relationship and he did not accept it. Because i am a brown man and they are religious christians. He also told my father about this and my father was very upset. He told me not to see her again but I cant do that. We are planning to run away from Derry and life our lives outside, without our families.Can you do me a favour and deliver this letter to her about the plan?" He said and took out a brown envelope and raised it towards me.

I was shocked. I was gobsmacked. He planned to run away? Who am I to say. Love makes you do crazy things.

"Yes of course. Oh my god. Of course. I will be really happy to help. Yes." I took the envelope from his hand and said.

"Thank you miss. Thank you very much." Rahul said and turned around.

Then I went to Jeremy and told him to take me to the bakery.

*present time*

So yeah. I am excited to see Susan. Maybe I'll see her soon.