Chapter 10: A shocking turn of events

Start from the beginning

It came luring over me. And than it attacked. I screamed and shielded myself with my elbow. I kicked at the beast, but it didn't fall backwards.

A searing pain raged through my elbow. The monster had put its teeth into my elbow, right through to the bone.

I cried in pain and black spots started blocking my vision, but I had to move.

So I crouched back, using only my right arm, as quick as possible. The beast followed, but then, a howl came piercing through the air. A wolf's howl.

The beast looked up, sniffed in the air and in this moment, I took my chance and ran, the wolf realising it quite late, as it was howling back.

I ran and ran and ran, hearing the beast close behind, until I finally reached the streets again. Hiding was no use, it would smell me.

So instead, I turned all corners I saw, till the wolf had probably changed its mind, because it wasn't following me any longer.

Heavily out of breath and dizier than I'd ever been, I stopped running and looked around.

I was definitely back in the  right neighbourhood. I looked at my elbow and gagged at the side.

My entire arm was covered in blood and at the elbow, you could see my flesh was ripped and you could even see a bit of the bone.

My hip was bleeding too, but that was just a big scratch, one that would heal. My elbow was the real problem.

I'd always healed the wounds caused by Uncle Vernon's beating, but this wound was much deeper and harder to heal.

I decided to just walk back home and see what to do there.

I walked past Mrs. Figg's house and stopped for a second. Would she be of better help than the Dursleys? Probably.

I knew the Dursleys would kill me if I wasn't home, but when they'd see this wound, they'd get angry too.

After I made my final decision, I walked to the door, once looking around for the wolf warily and I rang the bell.

But just when I saw the lights being turned on, I changed my mind. Why would she help me? Why would anyone? And how could she help anyways?

And so, I turned around and ran, praying to God Mrs. Figg hadn't seen me in her garden.

*~*

Harry's POV:

First weeks had gone by really fast for me: I'd been to all classes and I'd seen most teachers.

In the beginning, which is to say the first two weeks, I had written back home everyday, but after that, I'd failed to do so.

I hadn't even told Lucy about the Quidditch thing! I didn't really know how to explain it either, so I just let it be.

But something was wrong, I just knew it.

I talked about it with Ron, who just waved it off and said I was nervous for Quidditch.

Hermione, who had listened in, said: "Why don't you just wait untill she writes again? Or write to her yourself? I'm sure she would like to hear from you."

Ron was very annoyed by her, as always and normally, I would be too, but today, I could really use this advise.

"Come on Harry, it's Halloween tomorrow, cheer up!" Ron said, but I decided to write home.

I really did miss Lucy and I felt pretty guilty about not writing as often anymore, but it was just all so new and busy here, I some- times just didn't get the time to.