- koreaboo: october 16, 2019

Just a few days ago, YG Entertainment unveiled their newest soloist from recent years, going by the stage name "Aurelia"

   Just a few days ago, YG Entertainment unveiled their newest soloist from recent years, going by the stage name "Aurelia". The uniquely-named soloist debuted on October 14th, 2019 with the song "ZERO ATTITUDE" , featuring other well-known YG artists such as Jennie and Oh Joyeon of Blackpink.

   Today, Aurelia held a press conference to promote her debut and answer some reporters questions with the event going rather smoothly!

   One reporter asked why she had two Blackpink members featuring on her debut track and how she thought the overall song came out. Aurelia responded with "Well, to be honest this song was supposed to be further down the line in my discography, but me and my staff made a quick decision to move it forward a bit to become my debut song. We ( Aurelia and the two girls of Blackpink ) had recorded the song quite a while back to be prepared for when we actually planned on releasing it, so it was quite a surprise to even us when we came to the conclusion to bump it forward. Either way it was an amazing project to work on with both girls since we're very close and it was almost like working with your childhood friends on a school project. We had a lot of fun and gave it our best, and personally I think that's all that matters."

   The next reporter was given an opportunity to ask a question, and chose to ask what she did with her original debut song, to which the young idol responded:

   "My original debut song is still in my planned discography in the studio, in fact I plan on it being my next release. The song is what I really planned on showcasing since it's the image I want to portray through my whole career, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little taken aback when Zero Attitude ended up being my debut. It's very different from the image I had prepared for myself and my music."

   Following up with that question, one reporter asked what the image she wants portray throughout her career. Aurelia answered the question as followed.

   "The image that was almost set in stone from my debut was a retro like concept, with a 2nd gen inspired sound to the music. I basically grew up listening to artists such as S.E.S, Wonder Girls, BoA, SNSD, T-ARA and so many more, and I've always been inspired to make songs inspired by that era of music and that genre in particular. In my next couple of releases I really hope I can showcase that to you all!"

   After answering a few more questions, Aurelia performed her debut song (with special guest appearances Jennie & Joyeon of course!) and went on to hold a small fansign with everyone who had come to the press conference before leaving to go home.

   What do you think of Aurelia? Did you like her debut song? Share your opinions about YG's latest soloist in the comments below!

() COMMENTS —

   @videogamelvr SHE'S SO INCREDIBLEEE I SWEAR she was so professional throughout the whole interview for a soloist who debuted literally two days ago !! definitely stanning her :)

   @kahibabe zero attitude wasn't really my cup of tea, but i'm really excited to see more of her 2nd gen sound she had planned, i'll keep an eye on her for now :D

   @zeroattitudeandtalent245 lmao she's such a throwaway artists and i wish you guys could see that and support other, BETTER yg artists. kpop stans are so blind to REAL talent 

COMMENT HERE!