Chapter 15

Evan could sing. And I mean really sing. His voice, as Timothee kind of ironically thought, was angelic. He sung every given moment. He sung in the morning while getting dressed, he sung while eating breakfast, he sung on his way to the Alcove. He sung when him and Timothee were sat at the living room, chilling. He could sing whenever really.

And this made him the life of the party. Because every time they were all hanging out in one's house or outside, he would get up and sing. Acapella, or with music, it didn't matter. He would sing, and laugh, and drink while singing. It was a mess really. But it was beautiful. He would mess up the lyrics or forget full length sentences, but it was always such a sweet melody to everyone's ears that they never really noticed it.

Timothee was actually really fond of his singing. Maybe it was the fact that he was literally in love with music. Maybe it was the fact that it was Evan who was singing. Or maybe it was something totally different. In any case, point is, that Timothee could be listening to him for as long as Evan could sing. He would just sit, and quietly observe the dark-haired boy singing, his head thrown back at times, with this particular smile decorating his lips, lighting up his features. Lighting up Timothee's heart.

"Timothee. You hear me?" Lily snapped her fingers in front of Timothee's face as the scrawny boy appeared much too focused on his own thoughts to pay attention to what his friend was saying.

"What- Yes." Timothee – not so convincingly – replied, causing Lily to arch her eyebrows at him, knowing very damn well that he was thinking of something else. Nothing could truly escape Lily's watchful eyes, to be honest. No one could hide from her.

"So. Mind telling me what has made your consciousness leave planet earth?" Lily asked, taking some plates with little blue flowers upon them from the light blue colored cupboard behind her. The group today was at Lily's and Connor's home, and they were planning on having a barbeque. Of course, much to Marls dismay, who after fifteen minutes of hysterical screaming, had finally sat on a swing at the patio, her vegan instincts absolutely appalled by the event they were planning.

"Me? Nothing. Just got distracted is all." Timothee tried to shrug it off with a smile, receiving a sassy eyeroll from the red-haired girl. Oh gods he had missed her all those days she was away. Thing is, Timothee and Lily had grown very close since the day they'd met. They would hang out often, do things together while Oren and Evan were doing god-knows-what crazy thing every Sunday.

"Oi, are you guys done with the plates and all? The boys are waiting for you two to start their thing." Connor walked in just in time before Lily started asking questions to Timothee, probably knowing very damn well who was occupying his mind.

"Not now, Connor, we're having a conversation here." Lily turned to him quite annoying that she was interrupted. Lily and Connor. Timothee had learned that some days after he had met them. Lily and Connor were actually cousins. But they grew up like siblings, since Connor's mum had died when he was just a little boy. They were inseparable and Lily was the older sister – and therefore the mother figure – Connor needed. When Lily died, Connor was devastated. He had lost his best friend, sister, cousin, and everything in one day. He fell into deep depression and eventually gave in his troubled soul when pneumonia got him into the hospital, making him join his cousin six months after her leaving.

"Well, while I respect that, you should say it yourself to those two lunatics out there that are holding some kind of ritual over the meat." Connor replied, disappearing from their sight in a matter of seconds as he stormed up the stairs, leaving Timothee and Lily subconsciously going to the big glass wall at the living room that led to the patio, to pick at the two lunatics as the younger boy had named them. And what they saw was definitely worth it.