Chapter 7.

"And that's Connor." Evan extended his hand towards the redhead boy, who was the last one to be introduced to Timothee.

"Very nice to meet you, Timothee." Connor warmly smiled at the scrawny boy, who surprisingly shook his head just as wholeheartedly as Connor had done, smiling at him with this dashing smile of his. For Timothee, Connor was the most likable of them all. Well, probably apart from Evan, but he wasn't sure yet.

He took a seat on the table, keeping a safe distance from the others. Not that he had to. But for them, he was somewhat of an outsider, for what Timothee thought. Though, he had to admit, they were quite the sight. Fighting and then joking, swearing at each other but then drinking from the same glass. They surely were a sight to see.

Timothee examined them all with his eyes, one by one. First the two girls, that couldn't possibly keep their hands to themselves for even a moment. He watched how Lily, the ginger girl, pretended to be appalled by Oren's behavior but whenever he was paying somewhere else attention, she would look at him with the most lovestruck eyes, craving his attention but at the same time being afraid of it. He watched Oren, mercilessly teasing Lily, telling her that she is annoying and that she gets on his nerves every time she talks, though he would steal glances at her, and would make stupid remarks to get her attention.

If those weren't head over heals for each other, Timothee thought, then he didn't know who was.

e

"... And then, theres little James, he's the cutest boy ever. Smart, outgoing, witty, beautiful, talented. He made it to the schools football team and he is only eleven! I am so proud of him. His parents are old, like they had him when they were on their early forties and therefore he doesn't have any siblings, that's why he needs- Timmy?" Evans voice snapped Timmy out of his thoughts. Well, to be accurate Evan had been talking for nearly ten minutes now with no reaction from Timothee as he was very focused on thinking the events that had occurred earlier that day. Outside the dark sky was already painted with stars, the moon smiling down to them, and the two boys were sat on the living room, Evan laying on his back on the floor under the piano, playing some quiet notes as he spoke. God knows how he was doing that, Timothee thought. "Are you good?"

"Um... Yes, yes I am. Thank you. Though I dont think Ive heard anything of what you said." Timothee, who was laying on the comfortable couch, replied apologetically, slightly embarrassed that he hadn't pay any mind on Evans words.

"Ah, dont worry. I'll explain again. I was talking about everyday's life here in Bivium, you know. About our little kids and the whole guarding thing."

"About the what?" Timothee asked, looking at Evan as though the dark-haired boy was talking a different kind of language. "I'm sorry... I really didn't hear a thing..."

"Dont worry, mate, I'll explain again. Ain't anything for me, ey?" Evan gave him a toothy grin, coming to sit next to him at the couch, making Timothee to fold himself up, so that any physical contact wouldn't be involved.

"Thanks... Sorry, Ill pay mind this time. I was just distracted. Thinking of stuf-"

"Don't be silly Timmy, told you it's fine." Evan grinned at him, patting him affectionately on the shoulder and Timothee almost found himself craving his touch. "So. Here, at Bivium, we have a purpose. I mean we have a job. You know, it's a mission we have to complete."

"A mission? What mission?" Timothee asked, eyebrows furrowed, not quite able to wrap his mind around the fact that dead teenagers have a mission at a place in sky.

"Oh its bloody amazing, Timmy! You'll love it!" Evan exclaimed, excitedly grinning at him, his eyes glistening with a natural sparkle, the childish soul he had reflecting upon them. Timothee could actually see it in there. See that Evan was a happy, full of life (oh how ironic!) boy. "We are the invisible friends to those ickle things back to earth! They are amazing, Timmy!"