Chapter 4

The harsh light of the bathroom was sobering. That and the wolf intent on coping a feel in the restroom. Any second now, someone could walk in and see him and his miscreant hand on my thigh.

Pressing my hand against his wrist, I stopped Konrad from lifting my dress any higher.

"Don't stress. I've got a man on the door."

"Well, that makes it even worse." I scoffed.

I'm sure that the many women cueing up to use the bathroom were going to hate us.

"You say that, but I don't see you walking to the door. Leave, Megan. Refuse me. Show me that you don't want this. Make me believe that you don't look at me like you want more."

I couldn't because he was right. I did want him. The thought of it was tearing me up inside.

The enemy. I wanted to be with the enemy.

But it was just sex, right? We didn't know each other. We had barely spoken. It was animalistic and nothing more. I could give in to my desires for just one more night. Scratch the itch and then satisfy my needs with someone else.

It was risky, but it would be worth it.

Konrad let out an amused huff and continued to push my dress higher. When he got to where he wanted, Konrad moved his hand and pressed his fingers against the lace. I gasped, parting my legs just a fraction for him.

"You play a dangerous game," Konrad whispered against my neck.

I could feel the ecstasy rising until he moved his hand. Something snapped, and Konrad pulled out the broken panties.

"Yeah, I didn't like them anyway."

"Would you like me to replace them? I'll have a courier deliver the package to your packhouse."

"Don't say things like that."

"Like what? That I'd find a way to show your elders that you're fraternising with the enemy."

"You are too."

Konrad grinned, his lips close to mine.

"I have one of my pack members at the door, Megan. Don't you think that he's figured it out?"

"I could be anyone,"

My voice was raspy, barely heard as I struggled not to vocalise how good it was to be with Konrad again. He pushed deep inside of me until our bodies met.

"True, except I told him who you were and my intentions. I don't tell lies, but what about you, Megan? Did you tell your elders what a naughty wolf you've been?"

I didn't answer, too busy enjoying the last time that I'd ever be with him. Another memory burned into my mind. Another moment to be regretted later on.

My head rolled back as Konrad's lips moved over my neck, taking a lazy path to my jaw. All the while, he continued to thrust between my legs. He knew no end, no slow moments. Just a continued pace that had me gripping his back with the hope that it would offer something. I don't know what it could do, aside from ripping his shirt.

His mouth kissed over my chin, continuing to my lips. The gentle pressure called to me, a delicate tug on the bottom lip that begged and pleaded. I complied, kissing Konrad without thought.

The sounds of our rising ecstasy were now muffled by the fierce embrace. I couldn't resist. All of him was too much for me to handle, and I caved to the euphoria.

Konrad's pleasure was evident in the strain on his face and the soft grunts that escaped. He let out a frustrated sigh.

"You and your obvious ecstasy kill my stamina. Your whole body tightens, and it makes the experience," Konrad shrugged. "Well, I'm sure you can figure it out."

I got a clear view of why I enjoyed having sex with Konrad so much when he pulled out of me. The wolf was gifted.

Taking a stack of paper towels, he handed them to me then stepped back. I didn't exactly want to use the facilities while he was still in the room, but it was better than having everything sliding down my inner thigh.

"You could have used a condom." I grumped.

"No point for a wolf in this state. You should know that. I cannot impregnate you unless I let out my inner wolf."

"But it is nicer for your partner."

Shutting the door, I poked my tongue at Konrad.

While I sat and waited, I heard the zip go up in the silence.

"I will make this perfectly clear to you, Megan."

I could see the tips of his shoes at the door again.

"I want more from you. Not just this or the pack. I want to combine the two packs, and if you willingly allow this, I will grant you a life as my mate."

"Ha," I scoffed. "I've heard all about your exploits. You might say that I'll be a mate, but that's not the end of it, is it? You'll have your females running around after you, giving you whatever you want in whatever bathroom or back alley you can find while I'll be the knocked-up mate at home, tending to the needs of your children. I'm not interested in a life where I am just a baby maker. I have a pack. I am the alpha. I don't want to be just a mate."

Opening the door, I could see that Konrad was not amused. I smiled sweetly as I flushed the toilet.

"I also don't want the kind of life that my pack will lead if you take over. My elders and all the males would be dead. The women would be nothing but incubators for your pack. Or worse," I muttered, giving him a derisive stare. "I will not condemn them to a life of suffering or death."

"You haven't even given this a chance to be discussed, Megan. I will allow you to sober completely before you decide rather than this defiant mood that the alcohol has you in. Think about the consequences of your words and actions, Megan. If you refuse me, then you are sending your pack to war with mine. I made it clear that I always get what I want. Your refusal denies me that."
"Aww," I pouted. "Poor baby didn't get his lollipop. Run along, little boy. You've had your fun in the bathroom. Now it's time to go away and cry."

His eyebrows raised with slight surprise. Konrad took a step back, staring at me.

"Have it your way."

Turning on his heels, Konrad walked to the door. Within seconds of him leaving, a group of women entered. I was expecting death stares and heated words, but instead, I got smirks and whispers.

Yeah, he was gorgeous, and yes, we misbehaved. No, I was not a lucky girl.