Chapter 5

And so it begins. The moment of truth.

I've gathered a lot of information regarding the Planete's operation. I couldn't even imagine how much it would be devastating for them to lose their memories. I'm in no condition to say that they were okay.

But now I collect all the flaws of this operation, and fix it. That's because my first operation was "primitive", as in not advanced enough. The thing is, the reason why they lost their memory is that the medium that connects them to the higher dimensions weren't adjusted to their minds, which left behind their burning desire ingrained in their subconscious.

There's just one problem. Fine tuning them is a little deadly than their deaths. Unless their mind were matched with the source of the higher dimensions, they wouldn't fit for the fully-fledged resurrection.

In front of me was two dead bodies I found on my way to purify a Honkai-infested area. It's been three years as it stood there, remolding the flesh and bones during those three years back to its shape.

Normally I would leave them alone for them to have peace in the afterlife, but see that's the funny thing. They didn't go to the afterlife. The concept of souls is something really weird and different from the ones we know from entertainment that only I know. See there's one strongest source of energy we once thought to be the only one.

The Sun.

The sun from an ordinary standpoint, is just a very big spherical object that our puny planets spinning around through centripetal force of gravity, with it act as a center of rotation. It's energy is sufficient enough to solve electricity problems, and the centripetal force is the reason why our planet didn't escape and lost in the deep dark and cold vacuum of space.

But, do anyone know why the gravity exist in the first place ? And why the Sun is still set and last for billions of years without fading ? No. No one, but me.

Due to understanding of higher dimensions I found out about an energy source that is to be one of THE strongest. The sun in this dimension as well the other stars exist in any reality supposed to represent this vast energy source, as well as containing sum of its power.

A singularity, called Amaterasu. Confirmed to be the source of the cosmic and natural laws exist in every universe, it also used as a generator for Astral Particles, one of the source of my powers.

What's terrifying enough is that there are other singularities like Amaterasu. Honkai is one of them. There are these that embodies concept and ideals, but Amaterasu seems to embody another.....

The afterlife. Once the person died, their souls along with their wish, their regrets and their strong desire in their last moment, goes to the Amaterasu. But, there are some abnormalities that can prevent the souls to go to the Afterlife. One of them are, obviously, the Honkai. Not only that they can corrupt the body of the dead person, they even trapped, tortured, and eventually merged the souls of the dead person to itself. A fate worse than death.

And the two dead people in front of me, were the victims of the Honkai corruption. Luckily I was there at that time and purify their souls so they would be suited for the afterlife, but for some reason they refused. Well I couldn't blame the one who died for like ten years and the fact that she still had the strength to fight back to corruption, simply because she want to see her daughter.

The other one, is even more bizarre. She's been dead for centuries!!!!! And, she's still kicking. Is this what strong willpower looks like ? She said that she want to see "what he has become." Who's the "he" she mentioned ? That someone must've been living for a very long time. Well, that doesn't matter either way since there's Fu Hua.