Prologue

Honkai.

A recurring cataclysm occurs in every important events as the ends of each eras in history. It takes many forms, including the fall of civilization, plagues, illness and other world-ending events.

The Honkai corresponds with that civilization's advancement, meaning the more it progresses, the more Honkai does as well. The force behind Honkai is the The Will of the Honkai itself.

Honkai is largely viewed as a malevolent force with a will of its own, able to corrupt humans into undead creatures, manifest itself in the form of various monsters, and select various individuals known as "Herrschers" to imbue with god-like powers able to trigger apocalyptic events. The Honkai is a cyclic phenomenon, returning to end civilization on Earth each time it gets too advanced - the Previous Era ended 50,000 years prior to the current Era, where the 14th Herrscher defeat humanity.

In the present day, various global factions exist to combat or take advantage of the power of Honkai. These include "Schicksal", a European-based peacekeeping organization that deploys human warriors known as Valkyries to combat the Honkai; "Anti-Entropy", formerly the North American branch of Schicksal that objected to the use of human soldiers in favor of mechanized robots, and the World Serpent, the mysterious organization with an unknown agenda, hiding among rumors.

Valkyries, a race of superhumans implanted with Stigmatas, or colloquially known as Witch Mark, a design that forms on the skin as a visual indicator that this human has mutated to allow for honkai adaptability, as well as supernatural abilities. Stigmata have a higher rate of developing on females than males. This is in concurrence with Honkai radiation adaptability. This unknowingly creates a female dominant society.

And the subject of the society, is a boy who want to be a hero that protects humanity from the Honkais just like the Valkyries. But alas, he finally sees reality, doesn't even have a Honkai resistance and cannot afford to have a Stigmata.

At some point of time, the boy, who's at his thirteens, discovers many ancient textbooks and artifacts on an abandoned mansion he sneaked up to at night. He was fascinated by stories of old heroes and fairy tales, that he finally succumbed to his delusions. But because of that, he's able to achieve something that was thought to be impossible.......create weapons that can kill Herrschers, and made his own Herrschers for him to draw his powers from.

And thus, a hero is born. For three years, he leave a lasting impression of the world, he came to known as "the Shining Horizon". He appears at times where the Valkyries can't hold a Honkai outbreak (both zombies and Honkai Beast), destroying them.

But, one terrible accident happens, causing him to disappear, and went out of radar. Due to that, the Honkai outbreaks start to increase shortly after. Some say he died. Others say that he was a fraud using illusions and was being caught. But one thing for sure, is that without him the Honkais increase at a higher rate.

For three years, the Honkai Beast and its infection was hold by the Valkyries, but unlike the time before the Boy Wonder disappears, which drastically decreased by fifteen to thirty percent, it slowly decreased by ten, but the numbers increase when an outbreak happens, only to be stuck in a stalemate.

Some people prayed for him to come back, others, not so much due to them knowing that it's a boy, thought that he would get in the Valkyries' way.

But what they didn't know is that their prayers have been answered.

We now see the boy who's been running from a horde of Honkai Beasts, which was for some reason was chasing him.

???: hoooo boy, this gonna *huff* cost me.....