Bonus Chapter 4 - Negotiation

Horikita: "So we finally meet, It's nice to see you again."

Sakayanagi: "Fufu, It's fascinating. You looked much more depressed in the mall, perhaps everything has been going smooth for you recently."

She seems to have noticed me in the mall even when they were having an intense match.

Horikita: "You must have already have figured out why we have this meeting in the first place, isn't it?"

Sakayanagi: "Before that, May I know why she is here with you?"

Kushida: "I am a student from her class too. I have all the rights to be with her."

Hearing that Sakayanagi lifted her cane and hit it to the ground back again to make a big sound.

Sakayanagi: "Fufu, A parasite like you suppose will keep on switching sides as long as it benefits you. It's no wonder you are having Horikita as your host for this moment."

Kushida just kept her mouth closed, she has realized that answering back would do her no good.

Sakayanagi: "Oh my, You're much smarter than I expected. You do know how to live as a perfect parasite, don't you?"

Horikita: "Let's ignore her for now. Okay, I will be completely straight with my question. Who is Ayanokoji? What is his background? What in the world does this exam mean?"

Sakayanagi: "Fufu, What are you talking about? Who is Ayanakoji? How am I supposed to know that?"

As expected, She didn't admit to me instantly. But, I don't have any other ways to compromise her.

Sakayanagi: "Don't worry Horikita, You have plenty of methods to satisfy me at hand."

Wait, How did she find out? I didn't even have an expression on my face. Is she just predicting my thoughts?

Sakayanagi: "Don't be surprised, It's not that hard to guess someone's thoughts without an expression. You'll just need experience that's it."

Horikita: "Rumours about you rather seem true. You might be even smarter than him."

Sakayanagi: "Flattering me won't work, rather I will give you an option myself. 20 million, Then I will share my thoughts about him."

Kushida: "20 million for your thoughts? You're kidding, right?"

Horikita: "She seems to be serious, this is going to be hard."

Kushida: "Sakayanagi, Do you realize your situation now? There is no one around you. You're dumb enough to come alone. What if I hit you here and now?"

To make her sound even more believable, she even moved towards Sakayanagi's direction slightly.

Sakayanagi: "Fufu, On the battlefield, certain things have much more potential than they seem. You'll only understand when you're in need of those."

Kushida has lost her cool, this time she started to slowly walk in her direction for real.

Horikita: "Kushida, Don't do anything. She is right, the information she knows is more valuable for us now."

Even though the words she said didn't seem relevant at first, they had their impact when we realized the position we are in. She had the edge over us in every corner. I had to pull my last ace up in my sleeve right now.

Sakayanagi: "Perhaps I am feeling a little bit generous today. I will give you a second option to ease my boredom, if anyone of you defeats me in chess, then I will tell you about the thoughts."

Chess against Sakayanagi, Even a new born child would know none of us could win against her unless... You're Ayanokoji of course.

Horikita: "As you know, I was there when you guys were dueling it out in the mall. Knowing your skill levels, I rather choose my other way to convince you."

Sakayanagi: "That's rather a poor choice of yours. what if you actually have enough capacity to defeat me but you still haven't realised it."

Kushida: "Don't worry, I can confirm that she doesn't have the skill to pull it off."

I wonder who's side she really is?

Sakayanagi: "Fufu, I see. Maybe Horikita is smart enough to know her place and league."

Horikita: "Coming back to the topic, As this exam has an incentive for the ones who accomplish it. If you were to tell me everything you know, I will pay half the cp and private points we receive."

Kushida: "WHAT? What the hell are you thinking you idiot? Giving half the rewards to her? Do you have anything up there? What will you say to Ichinose if she comes to know about this? You're committing an actual act of betrayal."

Sakayanagi was grinning, rather she must have already predicted this too.

Horikita: "We will have to speak about it with her, but this is the best choice we can make. Without knowing anything about him, we don't even stand a chance. Look at us currently, he has caused internal chaos between our classmates on both classes. Using Ichinose's weakness and insecurities, using our classmates flawed thinking against us, due to him both the classes are unproductive. Ichinose's classmate don't even trust her leadership now, she lost all her influence just like that."

My words made Kushida to realise something. She made up her mind and signaled me to continue the negotiation.

Sakayanagi: "Wonderful, it's nice to hear his feats from the victims."

Horikita: "So what do you say?"

Sakayanagi: "Isn't it implying that you're this desperate to know about him. Have you developed some kind of crush?"

Sakayanagi said it with a teaseful face and a grin. She was surely enjoying this for sure.

Horikita: "You already must've guessed my reply, Am I wrong?"

Sakayanagi: "Interesting, But I would like to hear the reasoning behind your proposal."

Horikita: "First, the rewards were 20 million Private points and 1000 Class Points. Later we received an information regarding the exam and it's changes. As we all know the rewards were increased as well, 6 Protections Points, 5 Millions Private Points for each student and finally 1500 Class Points to the winning class. Sharing half the rewards with you will not gain us any type advantage over your class. It also provides us with an added disadvantage of being the next target of Ryuen and Ichinose's class. This also provides class A an even bigger advantage of actually gaining points even when an enemy class win. Isn't this enough?"

Sakayanagi: "Splendid, You've come a long way Horikita. I can't believe this is the same girl I know a year ago."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sakayanagi: "You two standing outside, come in. We have important things to discuss."

To be continued