one.

Y/n stood behind the booth at the theater, flipping through a magazine a bored look on her face

Y/n stood behind the booth at the theater, flipping through a magazine a bored look on her face. Her hair was tied back into ponytail(if possible). She worked part time at the theaters, just to get a bit extra cash for herself and her dad. She'd much rather be at the Wheeler's place, playing D&D with Mike, Dustin, Will, and Lucas. The boys she'd sometimes babysit.

But they didn't see her as a babysitter, they saw her as a friend. And Y/n saw them the same way. Mike had a sister that was Y/n's age, Nancy, but the two didn't get along as well as Y/n got along with Mike and them. Even less now that she had been around Steve Harrington, or as half the school called him King Steve.

Y/n didn't have anything against Nancy, she didn't hate her or anything. They were just two completely different people, and had absolutely nothing in common. Y/n liked being a little mischievous, and causing some trouble. While Nancy was a good girl, who wanted nothing more than to be an absolute perfect saint.

Not only that but Y/n didn't understand what was so great about Steve Harrington, sure he was cute, but other than that he was a total dick. She always wondered if it was the hair, that somehow made women flock towards him. He always teased Y/n for hanging out with people younger than her, and for playing D&D. But she did her upmost to ignore him.

Y/n even used to be friends with Steve, but that was before high school. It seemed like everyone changed when high school hit, and most of it was a bad change. He started hanging around Tommy and Carol, two people who brought out the worst in him.

She'd much rather hang out with Mike and them, then a bunch of dickheads like Steve. Y/n knew that Mike and them would be playing the campaign without her, which she didn't mind. She mainly bought it for them, as a gift in some sort of way. They had ran out of campaigns to play, and definitely needed something new.

Y/n looked at the clock and sighed in relief, her shift ended in 20 minutes "Thank god."

She didn't want to stay any longer. The drive home was long, and she had school the next day as well. Tossing the magazine down, she began cleaning the front. And slowly moving her way down the halls. She of course wasn't working alone, there were three other people working the same shift. Just in different parts of the building of course.

Once she had finished cleaning, Y/n quickly clocked out and went out back to her car. Her car was a old repaired 1967 black Chevrolet Impala, that someone had destroyed, and then was going to be scrapped. Y/n had managed to buy it for rather cheap a year ago.

For that year, Y/n and her dad worked on that car. Each day. Jim taught Y/n as much as he knew, which was enough to fix the car and a little more. After the car was finished getting all fixed up, they got it painted and everything. That was the best year in Y/n's mind.

Finally after the long, long drive Y/n made it back home. She unlocked the door and walked inside the old trailer, making sure to lock the door behind her. She walked in a little more and took notice that her dad was passed out on the couch, beer bottles on the table. Sighing she grabbed the quilt that always laid back on the couch and threw it over him.