Chapter 1 //Marinette

AN: Hello to anyone who might actually be reading this! I do not own of the Miraculous Ladybug characters or story line, but I do own this fan fiction and the art for it. Okay, enjoy the story (^_^)

The blaring sound of Marinette's alarm woke her from her peaceful slumber. She groaned and hit the snooze button accidentally falling back asleep, "Marinette! You're going to be late to school!" Sabine, Marinette's mother, yelled from the kitchen that was down the steps of her bedroom.

She jolted awake, "AHHH! I fell asleep again!" She exclaimed, she scurried around frantically yet somehow managing to quickly get dressed into pink jeans, a white shirt with a pink flower in the top left corner and a black jacket that rolled up to her elbows. She brushed her dark blue hair and as quickly as possible as she parted it into pigtails. As she did, her mind started to wander. She looked at all the pictures of her crush, Adrien Agreste, that were on her wall, "Adrien..." She muttered, hypnotized by the pictures of the boy with emerald green eyes.

"MARINETTE!" She jerked out of her daze and looked at the little red kwami. Marinette is secretly the super heroine known as Ladybug. Her kwami known as Tikki, the kwami of creation, is what gives her the power to transform into her superhero costume, as long as she is wearing her Miraculous, her earrings, she could transform whenever there is a super villain that the evil Shadow Moth akumatized. "You're going to be late! Hurry up!" Tikki continued.

"I know, I know Tikki..." Marinette sighed groggily as she continued to slip on her dress shoes and purse, Tikki quickly flew inside not to waste any time.

Before she got to open the trapdoor she heard a chorus of 'goodbyes' from the other kwamis. Marinette isn't only Ladybug, she is also the guardian of all the other Miraculous.

Marinette smiled and waved as she opened the trap door and started climbing down the steps. She ran downstairs making her way to the bakery. "Marinette! Have a croissant before you leave!" Her dad called her while holding out the piece of bread.

She grabbed the croissant, "Thank you, bye Mama! Bye Papa!" She said rushing out the door. She ran across the street to Francoise Dupont High School and continued running up the stairs to her classroom.

"Mari-" Miss Bustier was cut off during attendance as Marinette burst into the room falling flat on her face.

"Here!" Marinette said as the class laughed at her clumsiness. She rose to her feet, brushing the dust off of herself. She walked to the second row gazing at Adrien who was in the row before her talking quietly to his best friend Nino Laheffe. She smiled slightly but didn't notice when Chloe stuck out her foot hoping to trip Marinette on her way to her seat. Marinette fell onto her face for the second time today.

"Look! Maritrash can't even stay on her feet! Maybe you should stay on the floor where you belong!" Chloe cackled.

Marinette stood up looking at Chloe, "I'd give you a nasty look but you already have one." She replied as the class laughed and she continued to take a seat next to her best friend Alya, "Hey girl! Why are you late this time?" Alya asked.

"Overslept again, you know how it is. Stayed up late last night." She groaned while putting her head on the table as a tired gesture, flashbacks of last nights heroic antics with Chat Noir flooded her mind. Alya is the only person who knows about Marinette's secret identity.

"Again?" She exclaimed. "Shadow Moth needs to give it a rest."

"I know it's like the man never sleeps!"

"Quiet you two!" Miss Bustier jumped into the conversation, "Pay attention please." She scolded.

Marinette sighed, lifting up her head and let her surrounds fade as she entered her own thoughts and Miss Bustier continued teaching.