(Long Halloween) Chapter 3: The Bat vs The Widow and Archer

Start from the beginning

The Batman had arrived., with the glowing white eyes as he later stopped walking when he reached exactly where he wanted to be.

Gordon: Good. I want you to meet Gotham's District Attorney-

Harvey: Bats.

Batman frowns a little still looking at Harvey.

Batman: Dent.

Gordon was caught bit off guard, seems Batman and Harvey knew each other... or... they just know about each other.

Gordon: Okay.

Gordon walks towards the two as he grabs something from his trench coat.

Batman: What happened?

Gordon shows a small bag with a gun inside.

Gordon: Johnny Viti. He has been murdered. Tonight.

Harvey definitely didn't like what he heard, no... he hated it.

Harvey: Shit!

Batman: The Roman's nephew.

Harvey: He had a name! It's Carmine Falcone, not "The Roman."

Gordon: Harvey, take it easy-

Harvey: Where were your men, Jim? I've been working on Viti for months! Nobody on your team thought he'd be vulnerable the night before he's gonna turn state's evidence?

Batman checks the bag, grabbing it as he looked at the gun, at every point.

Batman: 22. caliber, taped handle, serial number filed off.

Gordon: And a baby bottle nipple for a silencer. Odd, but effective, and untraceable. *shows Batman some pictures* Hard to tell if we're dealing with a professional.

Harvey: Of course it was a professional! This was Falcone! He found out Viti was gonna betray the family so he took him off the board!

Batman: Maybe.

Harvey just sighs very frustrated... all this for nothing... they were back on square one.

Harvey: We were so close. We were so close, Jim. He was ready to sing. And not just about Carmine, the whole family was going away. We had a real opportunity to change things.

Gordon: We can still do it, this is just a small setback. But we'll find another way and take them all out. Together.

Harvey smiles a little with bit of hope but Batman talks.

Batman: The jack o' lantern.

Gordon and Harvey looked at him confused.

Gordon: Excuse me?

Batman: The pumpkin, where is it?

He shows Gordon the photo with the gun and the pumpkin as Harvey grabs it.

Gordon: You think it's important?

Batman: Every detail in there has to be important, in some way. Maybe the pumpkin is a symbol of who did it.

Gordon: Let's hope that. Look, Harvey's right. This city's finally got a chance. And it's the three men standing here right now. The Falcone crime family has to be taken down. So I'm putting you two together. District Attorney Dent will work in the light, and you... *looks at Batman* will work the other side. Bend the rules, but never break them. And I'll do everything I can to protect you both.

Harvey: Understood.

They look at Batman who walking towards a ledge as he goes to jump from it.

Harvey: He needs to hear you say it, Bats.