One

Fire Lieutenant Karina West shook her head, as Engine 15 rolled up to the scene. Smoke rose into the dark, starry, sky as they pulled up to the warehouse.

The warehouse was full of chemicals that could blow at any time. It had been abandoned a few months after 9/11. That's why Karina had become a firefighter. Those attacks. Her mother's father had been one of the 343 firefighters that had died that day. This is also why her mother doesn't even talk to her anymore.

Karina sighed as they rolled up to the warehouse. Before getting out she grabbed her radio.
"Engine 15 to dispatch, we're going to need additional engines to my location."

"Copy that Engine 15. Truck 21 and Engine 27 from Station 2 are en route." Karina heard dispatch reply. Karina recognized it as Lisa. Her one friend from high school. They didn't get along much while in high school, but once Karina graduated from the fire academy, Lisa and she met at the graduation, since Lisa's husband was also graduating from the fire academy. And they became good friends after that.

Karina got out and turned to her team.
"Matthew, Mitch, start getting water on the flames. Damon and Ethan are with me. Let's go check the warehouse. let's find out if there's anyone inside." Karina yelled over the sirens of other engines on their way, giving the orders to her team.

The three made their way back to Engine 15. Karina took off her helmet, grabbed an air tank, and flipped it onto her back, before putting her helmet back on. She looked over at Damon and Ethan, to check if the two men had finished.

When they did, Karina lead them to the entrance of the building. She lifted the ax she had in her hand and swung it at the door, breaking off the hinges. She moved out of the way of Damon so that he could bust it down.

Damon busted the door down and the three were met by a heatwave of fire.

~~~

After almost fifteen minutes the three finally had gotten out of the blazing warehouse. The building was slowly starting to fall apart all around them. They didn't want to risk getting caught in there. They had searched and couldn't find anyone.

Walking out of the building, Karina took her helmet off, her mask and put her helmet back on. Looking around she searched for the rest of her team.

"Found 'em," Damon told her.

She turned to him at his words, he pointed over toward Engine 27, where she saw Mitch and Matthew talking with Lieutenant TK Richards.

She walked up to them. "TK," she said to him.

"Karina, glad your okay. We tried reaching you guys. No one was answering." TK told her.

"Weird. Didn't find anyone, this fire is different than any fire I've ever dealt with." She replied.

"And that's why I'm here to help you find that out." Karina heard a voice behind her. She turned to look and saw her best friend Venessa Woods.

"Why's that?" Karina asked her.

"We got a report a few weeks ago that this was part of some big drug case. We got reason to believe they burned the place. Can't know for sure, until we investigate." Venessa replied.

"Please, be our guest." Karina smiled.