14. Tashigi

The next day, Robin was still unconscious, Nami was her first visitor of the day, she sat on the corner of the bed. "Hey Robin, I'm sorry I lied to you about a performance that was going to start at the beach. If I didn't say that, you wouldn't have come.." She sat silently until she felt her eyes heat up, her breath hitched as she wiped her tears with her right hand's wrist. Soon the others came, Zoro was still being scolded by Mihawk, so he couldn't come.

They frequently came and left.

"Hey guys..?" Started Usopp, which made the whole gang, Zoro excluded, look at him.

"How come we never saw any of Robin's relatives?"

"She-" Nami was about to respond, "She's an orphan." But was interrupted by Zoro, who brought a plastic chair and placed it next to the bed, Perona came with him.

"Well, not really an orphan, it's more like her parents dying when she was eight years old." Replied Nami, which Zoro nodded to.

"But that's the same thing?" Said Usopp which earned him a smack on the head.

"Well in both ways, she only remembers her mom. No memory of the dad." Added Perona.

"How do you even know that?" Asked Zoro and Nami in unison.

"I hang out with her often too!" Perona defended herself.

Their quarrels brightened up the mood a bit, and they ate apples. They had small chats here and there, Luffy had to leave, Ace and Sabo were outside waiting for him. Franky had to leave as well, Dr. Vagabond, his mentor, called him for an urgent talk.

While Brook stayed and calmly played the violin, for everyone left. Kaya called Usopp about something important so he had to leave as well, Chopper needed to finish a little secret for Zoro so he had to snap out. Nami, Zoro, Perona and Brook stayed.

"Hey, Zoro! How about a small song? A sad one or a happy one it doesn't really matter." Said Brook passing him Zoro's guitar.

"Why did you even have it?" Brook grinned while Nami and Perona were looking at him with hints of excitement.

"I won't sing. But I can play the guitar to any song you guys want to sing." He calmly said placing the guitar on his lap and adjusting its keys. He started with a soft rhythm at the start, and then they went crazy with their voices and music, and eventually... Robin felt relaxed.

Soon, they all went back home, Perona went with Nami remembering what her father said, Brook went ahead of them to pay a visit to Franky, now it was all Zoro and Robin.

Fifty minutes passed by in silence, then Zoro looked at the raven who's currently unconscious, he then looked down on his legs, If only I listened to my head and broke into your house, would you be safe? He thought to himself slowly raising his head, just to reveal grey eyes dying in regret, anger, sadness and guilt. "You really didn't know the town you moved into, huh? Every single one of us is aware, we have secrets that we don't intend to reveal yet." He muttered looking at the window, just to see the sun shining bright in the middle of the day. "I hate the sun." He said to himself as he dug his fingers into his palm, gritting his teeth, holding in his unshed tears.

Little did he know, someone was outside.

Idiot, you told me it wasn't about a girl.

And the person may or may not have lit up a cigarette out of habit which made Zoro throw the knife that was used for the apples, like a dagger through the door. "Stupid eyebrows, respect other people's privacy."

"Robin-chan has people other than you, Moss head." Said the blonde walking in while putting out the cigarette, he threw it away.

"I didn't ask."