Chapter 5

The fire crackled in the distance as the sound of a hard metal brushed against a stone echoed through the room. The walls around room were stone hard with cold dampness and the only light glimmering came from a pit of burning fire at the center. There were manacles hanging from the top of the fire pit running down all the way to each corner of the room. The place looked more like a dungeon where slaves were tortured or imprisoned. The figure that fits exactly into a place like that was a an oversized bald-headed man with scars that disfigured half of his face and body, standing tall sharpening his shiny butcher knife. He was wearing a wide grin on his face and was humming a creepy melody at times. The brimstone table he was using had appeared corroded with times. Next to where he was sharpening his knife were pieces of cleaved meat that were sliced by extremely sharped tool noticed by how thinly and cleanly they look. There were multiple spots of dried blood on the table too. Some were old stains but some were quite recent differed by the faded and bright shades of scarlet. When he was satisfied with the sharpness of his butcher knife, he placed it down on the brimstone as he walked over to one corner of the room where a body of a human was lying on the stone cold floor. He pulled one part of the body and dragged it through the room leading to the brimstone table. When the body moved and released a scream, he banged the human’s head so it became limp again. He grinned over the control he felt. As soon as he reached the brimstone, he searched for his knife only to find that it wasn’t there anymore. He lifted up his head to find a pair of glimmering green eyes staring at him with a fingernail clinking the butcher knife. Then, a voice filled up the room, “Pudge. Pudge. Pudge. I doubt all these meats will feed your hunger,” Strygwyr flashed a teasing grin.

“Gimme the knife back!” Pudge demanded. Strygwyr raised his left eyebrow and said, “Oh my! This sharp thing you mean?” he grinned again as he continues, “are you sure someone as smart as you should be using a knife this sharp?” He purposely emphasized the word ‘smart’ to be cynical on Pudge’s intelligence level. “Me want the knife back!” Pudge screamed again but Strygwyr was still in a bullying mode. “Poor retarded boy. Why don’t you go cry to your mama?” At that instance, Pudge stretched out his chained hooks and pulled the knife out of Strygwyr grip. Pudge examined the knife on his hand with a satisfied smile then continued humming happily, ignoring Strygwyr. Strygwyr examined the blood on his hand caused by Pudge’s hook. He traced his finger over the blood and licked them with pleasure as he stared at Pudge. He walked towards Pudge and rubbed Pudge’s head with hidden affection. Although it may not seem so, Strygwyr did have a strong connection with Pudge. He was the one who brought Pudge to the Dire. Pudge was lost and Strygwyr found him. Now, here Pudge was, a fearsome commander in the Dire army despite his learning disabilities. In battle, there was no stopping them when they work together. As Pudge devour the enemies, he grew stronger by the blood and deemed undefeatable. Pudge may lack intelligence but gifted with extreme strength, which compliment Strygwyr ability and movements in combat. They were the perfect deadly battle pair. Pudge was family to Strygwyr. “Nice talking to you little brother,” Pudge glanced at him a bit and then continue with his new work of art. He lifted the butcher knife up and brought it down to the human body lying on the brimstone with tremendous force. Blood splattered across the room and all over Pudge and Strygwyr but they both were satisfied over it. As the blood fell on Strygwyr arms and body, he allowed the blood to be absorbed through skin directly into his blood vessels. Pudge was humming the creepy melody again as he continuously chopped the meat in front of him. He placed the knife down once he felt satisfied and lift up a piece of meat. His eyes glimmered at the sight of the meat he was holding. Strygwyr watched Pudge with fascination. Then, like a hungry beast, Pudge ripped the meat apart, devoured them with his crooked teeth and tore the limbs and flesh of whatever left of the body on the brimstone. Blood was everywhere and Strygwyr was oddly calm to the familiarity of that situation. Evil and ruthless. Enemies of Pudge and Strygwyr would bathe in thick, scarlet blood.