"No one makes fun of my princess" He kissed my head and I felt the most loved daughter to ever exist in this entire earth. This man's mere presence was enough to ensure of my sanity. I smiled, almost wanting to weep just by thinking how much I craved his presence, to hug him, to hear him calling me princess and kiss my forehead like he always do.

"That's my dad" I stick out my tongue to Elle and hugged him even tighter, dad and mom laughed while Elle folded her hands in her chest making a annoyed look.

"Come here you little brat" This time she listened to me to my surprise.
"Didn't you miss me?" I raised an eyebrow at her.
"Did you?" She queried me instead of answering me.
"Unfortunately yes. I did kinda miss you" I could see the little smile on her face.
"I missed you too but less than you" she said making everyone laugh.

After a lot of talking and spending 2 hours with my long missed family I felt so relieved like I'm in a whome different world now.

Mom promised me before that we will celebrate Christmas eve together but later i thought they won't be able to make it as dad is always busy.
I said I didn't expect them to come and why didn't they inform me earlier, mom said she wanted to surprise me and they already had my address so they didn't even ask me anything or even gave me a hint they were coming.

Mom cooked a variety of dinner and for the first time after a long time it felt and sounded like home. An actual home.

We all sank on the dining table, while Elle and I small fought on silly things and I irritated her more intentionally just because I love to see her annoyed crooked face.

"This is wholesome! I missed your food mum!" I moaned taking another bite. This is what you call paradise.
"That's my mom, after all" Elle winked at me.
"Shutup and eat before I start eating yours"

"By the way, Leera? This apartment is so beautiful" My mom said looking around again. I took the last sip of my soap and my smile fell off thinking about it.
I replied "Yeah"

"Do they provide such apartments just to the residents? Isn't it too big and elegant for a single person?" Ofcourse they don't. I don't even know you I got to stay here. He wants me here and here I have to stay in the damn apartment he owns. In the same building as his which is his own building in the first place.

I hummed stirring my empty soup bowl.

Although honestly this place was to much for a single person. Huge enough my sweat falls on my feet while cleaning it. If there were someone else than me than all my efforts maybe worth it but for a single person living here didn't seem worth it at all. It has 2 bedrooms, a large living area and dining room attached to the kitchen, with 2 long balconys. A small house would have been enough for me but here I have to stay somewhere I didn't want to at all.

But it would be wrong if I don't admit this house is really lovely and charismatic and quite luxurious too.

"I'll help you" saying to mom I took some of the bowls and plates putting those into dishwasher.
"Leera? Don't you feel alone here" Mom said looking at me and I wished I could tell her how much alone I'm here.
"Not really. I stay busy the whole day you know" I wiped the dishes giving her a smile while lying, but yes it didn't affect me anymore that how solitary I feel here.

"Don't tell me you still didn't get a boyfriend" I stilled. "Mum"
"You didn't even tell me about the guy you last dated" Ofcourse how could I, when he himself refused me to tell anyone from my family for some reason.

"That's years ago"
"Leera, you still didn't get over that boy?" I knew that wasn't the case. I loved Azezal but now i have nothing in my heart for him, not after I got to know him this much. This man can only bring lies and trouble in my life and shatter me into pieces to pieces more than I can imagine.

AFFLICTIONजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें